First day outdoors

noahrofsky7

Established Member
Hello,

Today is my chameleons first day outdoors. I stuck her outside yesterday afternoon and she was fine during the colder weather. The smart thermometer read 60F.

I’ve been keeping track of her while at work and managed to catch her basking.
Seems that she’s enjoying the natural sunlight. Temps right now are high 60’s going into the low/mid 70’s with 50% humidity.

6A93866A-B9CB-4548-91A1-35B905CC1EEB.png
This being her first day outside, I may tweak the enclosure spot because it didn’t seem to get a lot of sun until 10AM. It is south facing.

I will need to update the plants with outdoor plants. Any suggestions other than hibiscus and a ficus?

Thanks

She does seem to be enjoying herself! 60 isn’t very warm for a daytime temp for a chameleon. I hop the sun rays are warming her up.

Remember to check your full sun temps. Just because it is 60 out does not mean it is in full sun. Also make sure if the cage gets full sun at any point in the day that you have a lot of plant cover on one side. I would run a strong branch or rod across the cage resting on the frame and hang the hanging plant on that rather then it being just on the screen. That will eventually rip through.

Remember to check your full sun temps. Just because it is 60 out does not mean it is in full sun. Also make sure if the cage gets full sun at any point in the day that you have a lot of plant cover on one side. I would run a strong branch or rod across the cage resting on the frame and hang the hanging plant on that rather then it being just on the screen. That will eventually rip through.
She’s getting full sun right now pretty much.
32D6D83D-256E-4488-818C-B44660667471.png

Back
Top Bottom