Finally Time!!!!

ChrisnLisa

We are FINALLY breeding our female (Munchkin) with our male Miguel. We are so excited. They've only been together for about 20 minutes but I am so so excited!!!! They've taken one break so far and are now on round two. Here is a picture of Miguel.

miguel.jpg

And here is a picture of them as of a few minutes ago. Terrible pic though...you can barely see her at all.

DSC_0407.jpg

OK so they've had several rounds now. It is past lights out and from what I have read it sounds like most of you separate them at night. Is this correct? She is not showing gravid colors yet.

Should I separate and re-introduce tomorrow? Hopefully some of you out there with breeding experience will chime in on this one.

Thanks Sassy! We lucked out with him. We got him from some random "breeder" at a local reptile show....before we knew better. He was probably only about 2-3 weeks when we bought him. We sure did luck out though. He is a good looking guy :)

Wow!
What a Beuatiful pair!
It's getting really busy with baby making around the forum!
Congrats with sucessfull copulation(s).
Now all of us get to enjoy the long wait for babies!
I would seperate them if I were you.
I'm not sure if you wake up before them, but I wouldn't want them fighting first thing in the morning.
Girl can be a little on the mean side when they first wake up.:rolleyes:
I let my pair breed once on the 18th and once on the 19th.
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if you were to intoduce them again tomorrow morning.
Just place the male on your hand before you introduce him to her cage.
Let them get a good couple minutes of looking at eachother.
Make sure she dosen't gape, lunge, hiss, sway, or show gravid colors.

Good luck!

Thanks Justin. We did end up just taking her out. He was sleeping while still grabbing her tail. He looked a little ticked off about us taking her away. We will try again tomorrow after work. And yes it is soooo exciting. They got busy at least 5-6 times today so we'll see how we do tomorrow.

thats wicked stuff m8! ull be avin babies about the same time as me then:D i put my pair together yesterday it was so exciting.

So we had 5 hours of mating day one and another 3 hours on day two. Hopefully it has been a success! She never turned real black or anything, but turned VERY dark green and kind of ran away so we separated them. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom