Female veiled pregnant???

Django

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my anti-social female. Go figure - today I tried again and we had action!. She was seemingly unreceptive at first but then she calmed right down - and allowed him to mount. I left them together for about an hour and a half - and when I checked on them again - she was again black and hissing and they were in another area of the cage. Everything I've read says she shouldn't reject the male for about 18 hours... I know for sure that he was able to penetrate her - but with rejection so soon afterward - I am wondering if this was sucessful or not. What do you all think - is she pregnant??

You said..."Everything I've read says she shouldn't reject the male for about 18 hours... I know for sure that he was able to penetrate her - but with rejection so soon afterward - I am wondering if this was sucessful or not. What do you all think - is she pregnant??"...it does often take a day or so for the female to take on the gravid colors....but it depends on where she was in the cycle and sometimes even whether she had some retained sperm or not.

She should start to get plump in the back/lower half of her body soon if she is gravid.

You can show her to the male again and watch her reaction...but it will only tell you if she is non-receptive or receptive for sure...and you still won't know by the reaction that she is gravid.

Back
Top Bottom