Female panther, which setup is better?

Tige21v

Avid Member
I believe my inbred female is looking to lay eggs. Was wondering which would be better-
Leave in her 18x18 cage (which is elevated), replace the floor with a floor with a cutout, and place a bin under it, or
Move her to another empty cage I have. This cage us 36x24x60 tall, and I could put a much larger bin inside the cage with her, and move her back to her original cage once she is finished.
Looking to keep her stress to a minimum.
Thanks in advance

What do you normally keep her in? I find it easiest just to place a lay bin inside the normal cage because i've found that my female veiled gets stressed when placed inside a lay bin thats outside of her cage.

She is in a 18x18x36.
I would think putting a 12" deep container inside the cage and taking up 1/3 of her vertical space would probably be a little stressful. More so than placing the container under her cage

She is in a 18x18x36.
I would think putting a 12" deep container inside the cage and taking up 1/3 of her vertical space would probably be a little stressful. More so than placing the container under her cage
Now I don't have female panthers but I assume that the egg laying is very similar to a veileds. Mine has laid eggs fine in 6 inches deep and about 12x12 inches. It fits in my enclosure fine because its only 6 inches tall. I think she would be fine personally even with the big bin. Can you try to put it in and send a photo of how it looks?

@Tige21v
Put the bin below if you are able to this is totally doable and many of our keepers do this. It will stress her the least. Remove the floor and put it on top of a bin that matches up to the size.

Back
Top Bottom