Female jackson chameleon vitamin A deficiency won't eat or drink.

Just a note for the future. Once she is healthy again she may not go back to eating on her own very easily. Chameleons are lazy and she will have to get pretty hungry to go after prey instead of waiting for you to feed her. You may have to wean her off the feedings and give her some tough love to get her eating normally again.
She is making a popping noise when she exhales.. it's been about 30 minutes back inside and she hasn't closed her mouth.. I believe she has an RI.. what steps should I take?

You need to call your vet and see if they are willing to prescribe antibiotics you can go pick up or if they insist on seeing her again you may have to make an appointment.
Have you adjusted all of her temperatures and humidity levels. She should be 40-50% humidity day time and 80-100% at night. Her basking spot should be 78-80˚F her lower cage should be 72˚ day time and closer to 60-65˚ night time.

You need to call your vet and see if they are willing to prescribe antibiotics you can go pick up or if they insist on seeing her again you may have to make an appointment.
Have you adjusted all of her temperatures and humidity levels. She should be 40-50% humidity day time and 80-100% at night. Her basking spot should be 78-80˚F her lower cage should be 72˚ day time and closer to 60-65˚ night time.
Her tanks humidity is at 50% and her basking spot is 80 degrees.. I called the vet and they said the only way they could prescribe the right medication is to see how bad the RI is and then go from there so I'm most likely going to take her in tomorrow after work if I can't get a cover

It was worth a try. Sorry you are having to deal with this as well.
She didn't show any signs of the RI until today which is most likely on my part with the syringe feedings but I felt confident in how I was giving her her medicines and liquid diet.. I'm going to take her in tomorrow after work and get her on some antibiotics for her. I've invested a lot of money and love into this Lil lady for me to just give up. I appreciate all the support everyone on the thread has given me so far!

Back
Top Bottom