Feelings about Foggers?

Sidthekid89

Hello, I have a 1 year old jacksons chameleon and I have basically perfect husbandry and he has been drinking and eating. I talked to different people about figgers and I was wondering if that would actually raise the humidity and lower the temperature at night. I would also want to get more feedback about it.
Thank you

And another question, I have a jacksons chameleon and how often and what times should I let my mistking automatic mister go off ?

A fogger is just a tool to increase humidity. If your humidity levels are low, you can either mist the cage or use a fogger to bring up the humidity levels at night. Or you can use both. My mistking goes off once when the lights turn off and then once at 11 p.m. Then at 1 a.m (morning) the fogger turns on and the mistking goes off. The fogger stays on until 6 a.m. The mistking goes off at 3a.m and then once when the lights turn on. I find that this gives me a good nighttime humidity based on my own room conditions. Your misting schedule may be more or less depending on the humidity in your room and cage.

And another question, I have a jacksons chameleon and how often and what times should I let my mistking automatic mister go off ?
It mainly depends on your humidity throughout the night. If you mist right when the lights go off and once when the lights turn on, the cage may be drying out in between the mistings in the middle of the night. One way to figure out if this is happening is to set your alarm clock for the middle of the night to see what the humidity levels are. If the levels are low, then you need to mist at least one to two more times. My mister goes off 5 times throughout the night for short intervals. If you have a mistking, short periodic mistings can never hurt throughout the night to keep the humidity up.

You will need a portable AC unit to cool down the room or use your house AC. Night temp drops are important and should fall below 65 degrees at a minimum--lower is almost always better.

Rephrasing what Mendez said, it depends on your ambient conditions; there is no "X times per day/night for Y minutes" formula. Like basking lights, finding what works will be a matter of trial & error.

That said, dawn & dusk (lights on & off) are times many/most start with because they're easy to remember & arrange, and coincide with common rainforest patterns.

My mister goes off 5 times throughout the night for short intervals. If you have a mistking, short periodic mistings can never hurt throughout the night to keep the humidity up.
Likewise, my mister goes off 5 times throughout the night—at 6pm (dusk), 9pm, midnight, 3am, and 6am (dawn). It also goes off at noon for a mid-day sprinkle. All durations are 2 min. because that's how long it takes to wet everything down without too much waste running down the drain. The 6 hr. daytime interval also allows for complete dry-out between mistings.

That said, some may need to mist more often for dryer/warmer conditions, or less often for more humid/cooler conditions. Durations may also vary based on the same conditions, how much foliage you have, size of enclosure, and other variables.

It's not so much the method as doing whatever it takes to achieve the desired results.

I have soil in my chameleon enclosure, so I am trying to cut back on the times I water throughout the night. I used to water about 6 times a day, but I cleaned out my chameleon enclosure about a week ago and there was a little bit of mold forming, so I cut it down to only once in the morning and once at night. But I might have to go trail and error. I might make it go on at 7:30 am, 7:30 pm, and about 9 pm.

Back
Top Bottom