Feeding habits

Lizardlover

hey guys, i have chams in pretty much every age category and would like to tell their feeding schedule and see how normal it is.

Panther

offered: 8 food items, crix and supers usually

eaten: usually only about 5 unless i skip a day of feeding, but lately hes only been eating 2.

eagerness: he seems laid back about eating and only does it because he has to, ive offered him butterflies, hornworms, roaches, and silkies, but he seems to only like supers, waxworms (i only feed 1x bi monthly), and supers but lately hes only eaten supers for me.

normal??

Veild:

offered: about 15 food items, supers, crix, whatever i can get my hands on.

eaten: most if not all

eagerness: always eager to eat, he has a passion for eating and he always tries new things and loves silkies and HW.

i think this is normal:rolleyes:

Oustalet

offered: 15-20 food items a day, anything i can find aside from crix and supers

eaten: all (handfed)

eagerness: lately he has stopped eating crickets but when i spoke to Jim and cham co he said that he was brought up on only crickets so could he be just taking a break? he loves supers, silkies, and the occasional butterfly/dragonfly.

pretty sure hes normal

size.

oustalet- 14-15 in

veild- 10-12 in

panther- 10-14 in (never measured)

thats my part. i hope others contribute/comment.

I would cut your feeding back by half... I feed my adult panthers 5 or so medium to large feeders every other day, I would feed your subadults 5-10 feeders 4-5 times a week. I start skipping days of feeding around 8 months or so. Your animals don't need nearly the amount of food they are getting and it could very possibly be the reason why your Oustalet is on a cricket strike. It will be beneficial to the health of your chams to not overfeed.

See Ya,

Todd

ok, thanks, i do skip days throughout the week though, and my oustalet is still growing but i guess ill cut down on him too.

I would cut your feeding back by half... I feed my adult panthers 5 or so medium to large feeders every other day, I would feed your subadults 5-10 feeders 4-5 times a week. I start skipping days of feeding around 8 months or so. Your animals don't need nearly the amount of food they are getting and it could very possibly be the reason why your Oustalet is on a cricket strike. It will be beneficial to the health of your chams to not overfeed.

See Ya,

Todd

At what age is a chameleon considered an adult?

Back
Top Bottom