Feeding/gutloading feeders

Redbulllady

Established Member
Ok I wondered how y’all feed the buggies. Specifically if you are keeping a large number. For example if I get 100 or more crickets and feed them how do I know which ones are well fed? Like should I take 10-15 out of a large bin and put them in a smaller one the night before I feed off so I know those ones are def good? Am I overthinking this? Probably 🤣

Just regularly feed them healthy foods, like the ones recommended here. The nutrients will make it in at some point.

Probably. I put food in their bins; I figure they know what to do from there.

1627572314595.png

Thank you! So stop overthinking right lol. I saw this recipes for making the mix into ice cubes and then freezing them. Have you tried that?
Yup I do this, but more as a supplement as a lot of nutrients are destroyed from blending/freezing. Still nice buffer though. Bee pollen, a nice rotation of veggies, and possibly some spirulina should be plenty. I pick dandelion leaves outside too, I grow them in our garden haha.

Maybe some seeds in there too. I get creative during summer and grab stuff that grows in my yard, dandelion, plantain(the weeds), rose, some oak/maple, squash flowers and leaves, moringa(I have a potted tree), fig and fig leaves, grape leaves...really whatever isn't toxic. Then throw some Bee pollen+spirulina on top

Yup I do this, but more as a supplement as a lot of nutrients are destroyed from blending/freezing. Still nice buffer though. Bee pollen, a nice rotation of veggies, and possibly some spirulina should be plenty. I pick dandelion leaves outside too, I grow them in our garden haha.
Oh gotcha I didn’t know that destroyed nutrients. I thought the cubes were just main food. I’ll see if can find some pollen and spiraling. Haha i think the heat has killed all dandelions this year in my yard

Maybe some seeds in there too. I get creative during summer and grab stuff that grows in my yard, dandelion, plantain(the weeds), rose, some oak/maple, squash flowers and leaves, moringa(I have a potted tree), fig and fig leaves, grape leaves...really whatever isn't toxic. Then throw some Bee pollen+spirulina on top
Cool cool maybe this whole forgetting to weed my flower beds will actually pay off

Plant one zucchini plant, feed all your roaches and family and friends... Summer squash is currently my bugs' main food 😄

Back
Top Bottom