Feeding feeders

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi all, I raise all my feeders and things are working out well EXCEPT I am having trouble lately getting my red runners and orange heads to eat.
I realize it's winter time and temps are dropping along with appetites but they have been rejecting the frozen cubes I make up for the dubias.
Would there be any favored foods for the red runners and orange heads that I could offer to increase thier appetite?
Oh @jamest0o0 what do you say? 😦

Hmmm what are your temperatures at? My red runners aren't too picky when temps are warm. I'll give them whole bell peppers, dry food, carrots, bananas, beets, etc they take it all.

Orangeheads can be a little more picky, they love the protein foods, but will only eat enough carrot, orange, or other veggie/fruit to get their moisture and that's about it.

Hmmm what are your temperatures at? My red runners aren't too picky when temps are warm. I'll give them whole bell peppers, dry food, carrots, bananas, beets, etc they take it all.

Orangeheads can be a little more picky, they love the protein foods, but will only eat enough carrot, orange, or other veggie/fruit to get their moisture and that's about it.
Not sure exactly what temps are. They are kept in garage and night time temps here are in the 40s. Daytime in 70s adverage. I will check tonight and hook em up with some heat. Being in So. Cal. We are just not used to having to supply much heat altho I know that is part of the problem as they both were doing fine eating and reproducing until it started getting cold. (Well what we call cold) this is my first winter with them.

Not sure exactly what temps are. They are kept in garage and night time temps here are in the 40s. Daytime in 70s adverage. I will check tonight and hook em up with some heat. Being in So. Cal. We are just not used to having to supply much heat altho I know that is part of the problem as they both were doing fine eating and reproducing until it started getting cold. (Well what we call cold) this is my first winter with them.

Ahhh yeah it's definitely the temps. My RR and OH are kept in the 85-90s. Whenever temps go around room temp or lower everything slows down a lot

Back
Top Bottom