Feed again?

gracie88

Cosmo has a bit of leftover food from last night, should I feed him again or wait until this afternoon or until his dinnertime? He doesn't seem to be finishing his food by the time I go to feed him again, is this normal? I know he eats but just not a lot. (He is a baby male veiled chameleon) I think I should make my second feeding time around 7pm so that he will have his lights on longer and can get a chance to eat. I will picture my eating set up (I cup feed, don't mind the screen making the picture blurry) incase there is anything different I should be doing. Also, what are the recommended once-a-week supplements you guys have for your chams, I have the ReptiCalcium supplement with D3, should I have another without D3? Thanks!

Attachments

• C628B934-07BD-4B48-9D54-596AED175500.jpeg
    C628B934-07BD-4B48-9D54-596AED175500.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 76
Other more experienced owners will chime in but since no one has commented yet i will.I don't think you should feed him to late in the day/night because they need the heat from the lights to metabolize the food i find my chameleon usually basks after eating and doesn't eat as much on rainy or cloudy days (outside cham)

Other more experienced owners will chime in but since no one has commented yet i will.I don't think you should feed him to late in the day/night because they need the heat from the lights to metabolize the food i find my chameleon usually basks after eating and doesn't eat as much on rainy or cloudy days (outside cham)

Thats a good point. I think I will feed him as soon as I wake up and around four or five so that gives him like 6 hours to eat and chill. Should I feed him right now even though he hasn't finished the rest of his food?

You should only be feeding him once a day in the morning. Remember when I said it'll take time for him to settle in and eat consistently? That's what's happening :) Just keep offering him food in his cup in the mornings and gutload them over night.

I think I already answered your supplement questions on another thread.

You should only be feeding him once a day in the morning. Remember when I said it'll take time for him to settle in and eat consistently? That's what's happening :) Just keep offering him food in his cup in the mornings and gutload them over night.

I think I already answered your supplement questions on another thread.

Got it! Do I ever need to transition to feeding him twice a day? If so, when? (He is two months old)

Back
Top Bottom