Fall from 5.5 feet

ChameleonTherapy

Established Member
Good morning! Yesterday, Kreacher (5-month old ambilobe male) fell from my neck to the hardwood floor, a distance of about 5.5 feet. I observed him all last night and this morning. He's climbing normally, eating normally, and moving around just fine. He never went dark so I dont even think he was really that stressed by the fall, though he did hide in his pothos for about 15 minutes after I put him back in his enclosure.

It seems like he's in the clear. Thoughts?

Good morning! Yesterday, Kreacher (5-month old ambilobe male) fell from my neck to the hardwood floor, a distance of about 5.5 feet. I observed him all last night and this morning. He's climbing normally, eating normally, and moving around just fine. He never went dark so I dont even think he was really that stressed by the fall, though he did hide in his pothos for about 15 minutes after I put him back in his enclosure.

should be fine even do you see any bumps where his ribs are like it looks like they are jutting out

Keep an eye on him. They do not always show injury right away. Its one thing to fall on to soft carpet another to hit a hardwood floor. You will be watching for bruising and swelling.

I have a male that likes to escape. 3 to 4 foot drops are normal if I leave his cage open.

Not suggesting this of course, just testifying to their strength when healthy.

Back
Top Bottom