Facebook——buying and selling chameleons

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
Does facebook currently allow buying and selling chameleons?? I think they outlawed it not sure….

I believe they don’t allow it. However, you can post pics about your chameleons and say something about them being available. You just need to be quite subtle about it and not overtly advertise they are for sale.

If you don’t put any prices $###, I think you can let people know you have chams “looking for new branches”

Facebook prohibits the sale of live animals but allows rehoming but if you make it subtle and discuss details over dms it’s okay as long as everyone says you don’t put any $$$ signs or outright say for sell just say pm me or pm sent and say close to looking for a new home or looking for a new home should be fine

Curious, what is their reasoning for not allowing sales?
So it is technically in place for sales between private individuals and is across the board on any animal. So the businesses that sell and breed can have a facebook page. However it must be a legitimate business page with a website that can be verified typically. But they will shut down a group extremely quickly if animal sales are happening. This mainly started being enforced on their Marketplace and buy sell pages. Because they were being flooded with people like puppy/kitten mills posting their animals for sale. Also there were some cases of illegal animals being sold. So essentially trafficking wildlife.

So it is technically in place for sales between private individuals and is across the board on any animal. So the businesses that sell and breed can have a facebook page. However it must be a legitimate business page with a website that can be verified typically. But they will shut down a group extremely quickly if animal sales are happening. This mainly started being enforced on their Marketplace and buy sell pages. Because they were being flooded with people like puppy/kitten mills posting their animals for sale. Also there were some cases of illegal animals being sold. So essentially trafficking wildlife.
Ahhh so a thing they probably have good intentions with, but unfortunately makes it a hassle for people responsibly breeding?

Ahhh so a thing they probably have good intentions with, but unfortunately makes it a hassle for people responsibly breeding?
Correct... Marketplace was being flooded with animals for sale. They allow responsible businesses to have pages. But in groups they have to be super cautious because once a group is shut down 99% of the time facebook will not allow that group page to be reactivated. It is just done for. So they have to create a brand new group page and build the following all over again. I wanna say the rules came down in like 2019 and started being actively enforced.

Correct... Marketplace was being flooded with animals for sale. They allow responsible businesses to have pages. But in groups they have to be super cautious because once a group is shut down 99% of the time facebook will not allow that group page to be reactivated. It is just done for. So they have to create a brand new group page and build the following all over again. I wanna say the rules came down in like 2019 and started being actively enforced.
Ahhhh, well I guess if it slows down puppy mills, it’s worth dealing with eh?

Back
Top Bottom