F1/generation questions

CCT Reptiles

Established Member
Ok so I thought I had an understanding of gens but after a discussion with someone I’m slightly confused now and would appreciate the communities take on this. So from what I know f1 would be a wc x wc and then f2 would be a f1 x a f1, and captive hatch would be a wc female that came in with eggs . Now what would it be if you had a cb female that was paired with a wc male would that still be f1 or how does that work, from what I understand wouldn’t that just continue whatever gen the dam was on? This topic gets super confusing to me at times and would appreciate everyone’s feedback.

When you reintroduce WC into the lineage you start over at f1 in the filial system. Some people use the CG system instead to communicate how many captive generations are involved regardless of the reintroduction of WC genes.

Ok so I thought I had an understanding of gens but after a discussion with someone I’m slightly confused now and would appreciate the communities take on this. So from what I know f1 would be a wc x wc and then f2 would be a f1 x a f1, and captive hatch would be a wc female that came in with eggs . Now what would it be if you had a cb female that was paired with a wc male would that still be f1 or how does that work, from what I understand wouldn’t that just continue whatever gen the dam was on? This topic gets super confusing to me at times and would appreciate everyone’s feedback.
It is confusing. I know chameleon academy did a podcast to explain lineage but I do t know which one it is. I’ll try to find it for you.

Back
Top Bottom