Eyes closed

I don’t have a drainage tray! I will research this! Thank you! Ok running out for a new light bulb. I turned it off for now. (A bit early)
Ok hun... You can do something like this. https://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-...rds=drip+pan&qid=1561850961&s=gateway&sr=8-32

Then get these to prop the back side of the cage slightly higher creating a slight angle. https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Project-...efix=plastic+wedge,aps,196&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
You attach a tube to the tray and put a bucket below. It will drain itself. Might need to put a few shims under the back edge of the pan to create the angle though for better drainage.

I may have missed this detail but what kind of water are you using for misting? Also I noticed his casque looks small for his size and a bit puffy? It may be nothing, I don’t know if the other keepers noticed it. Did the Dr. say anything about it?

Ok hun... You can do something like this. https://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-...rds=drip+pan&qid=1561850961&s=gateway&sr=8-32

Then get these to prop the back side of the cage slightly higher creating a slight angle. https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Project-Never-Rot-Composite-Improvement/dp/B071FRHGXX/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=VS8DZGPFKC4C&keywords=plastic+wedges+shims&qid=1561851127&s=gateway&sprefix=plastic+wedge,aps,196&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
You attach a tube to the tray and put a bucket below. It will drain itself. Might need to put a few shims under the back edge of the pan to create the angle though for better drainage.

Hero! Thank you!

I may have missed this detail but what kind of water are you using for misting? Also I noticed his casque looks small for his size and a bit puffy? It may be nothing, I don’t know if the other keepers noticed it. Did the Dr. say anything about it?

He burned his head. His basking light was too close to the cage and it heated up the side and caused a burn. He saw the vet for it, had topical stuff... its healing pretty well. I assume its puffy from that and will get better.

Wow i feel like im the worst chameleon owner! Poor dude had two respiratory infections, a burn and now this eye thing. I swear im doing the best i know how! I come to you guys whenever i'm confused and some of my missteps were directly from advice given by vets or other cham people... im sorry if i seem awful. The learning curve here is a bit rough. but i do take him to the vet without hesitation and i make changes as soon as i know of them. =(

He burned his head. His basking light was too close to the cage and it heated up the side and caused a burn. He saw the vet for it, had topical stuff... its healing pretty well. I assume its puffy from that and will get better.

Wow i feel like im the worst chameleon owner! Poor dude had two respiratory infections, a burn and now this eye thing. I swear im doing the best i know how! I come to you guys whenever i'm confused and some of my missteps were directly from advice given by vets or other cham people... im sorry if i seem awful. The learning curve here is a bit rough. but i do take him to the vet without hesitation and i make changes as soon as i know of them. =(
don't worry too much, we all live and learn, nobody knows everything! I would check around other local vets to see if they specialize in chams and get a second opinion

Awe don’t feel bad! I asked out of curiosity, you are doing the best you can and taking the steps and advice that’s given. I’m sorry he has been going through so much health wise. My current chameleon is my second one let’s just put it that way. These guys are not an easy pet to keep that’s for sure. Many experienced keepers would agree.

IT WAS THE LIGHT!!!! Thank you so much for your help!! I switched to a 5UVB on Saturday (Friday night technically) and this morning eyes are wide open all day, catching his own crickets and hissing like the angry demon lizard he is! ;)
What brand was the original UVB bulb you switched out? Years ago there was a brand that was causing eye irritation which they supposedly fixed.

What brand was the original UVB bulb you switched out? Years ago there was a brand that was causing eye irritation which they supposedly fixed.
It was a zoomed. I dont think it was really the bulbs fault. I had shown a photo of my viv in here and someone suggested the 10uvb because of some indicators of MBD. I had a plant that was covering most of the top of the viv so the suggestion was good at the time, but about a week or two ago i switched out his plant to a much lower one and the UVB was too strong. someone in here recommended the change and after reading a bit about the reason why a 10UVB would make sense sometimes and sometimes not for the same breed of lizard, i know understand better and i was able to fix my lizard. Now if only i could get the $100 back from the vet. *sigh*

IT WAS THE LIGHT!!!! Thank you so much for your help!! I switched to a 5UVB on Saturday (Friday night technically) and this morning eyes are wide open all day, catching his own crickets and hissing like the angry demon lizard he is! ;)
Wonderful I was hoping that was the cause with the fact that you had said you had switched out for a shorter plant. It all seemed to point to the bulb being too much UVI for him. I am glad we caught it fast :)

Back
Top Bottom