eye?

alan23

buds eye been like this for like a while now i just thought it might go away bt hasnt i ws thinking is it just how the skin has grown or is this a prob? bit worried bout it::(

Attachments

• SP_A0037.jpg
    SP_A0037.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 281
I have a baby nosy be who has a lil lump on the corner of his eye its like on his eyeball and it doesnt seem to bother him. it jus seems like a tumor or somthing ill try ot get a pic soon

just to let u know am tking bud to vets 2moro to get tht removed from his eye hopefully he will b k

Let us know what the vet says it is. It's interesting looking and almost looks like it's filled with fluid and not hard. Finding out what it is can help the rest of us deal with a similar situation if we have to. I have not seen anything quite like that so I'm curious. Good luck at the vet :)

been vets and she said it cud just b swelling keep a eye on it bt she said it aint a problem he seems fine so just have to wait and see

Howdy,

I've seen similar occurances of what appears to be the separation of the fused eyelid from its normal connective tissue. I have not found what I felt was a satisfactory answer to the condition. I've most often seen it appear more uniformly around the entire eyelid starting from the outermost edge and working its way inward toward the eye opening. I've seen it work its way to maybe 20%-30% of the eyelid and then stop. I've never seen it completely detach all the way to the eye opening. One of my Veileds had this happen over a period of what seemed to be a couple of weeks. The vet thought that it was related to excess fat. He took a sample of the liquid behind the puffiness and found it to be clear fluid suggesting that it wasn't an infection (at that time). So far, the eyelid separations that look more symetrical have all been with older chameleons. Once it happens it doesn't seem to be reversable, but it does seem to be self-limiting at some point. My Veiled that has this condition is about 5 years old. It hasn't changed since it occured back around Nov-Dec 2006.

I would like to hear from others who have seen this happen. It would be good to know if it is related to an infiection or not, fat or not...

My Panther gets the same husbandry and is about 3 years old with no sign of this problem. I had another Veiled who was about 7 years old and I don't recall this happening to him.

aside of the EYE prob, it seems you cham is really skinny and needs to eat a
bit more, go ahead and put some meat on that lil one.:)

he is just bout 5 months im feeding him bout 12 locust a day and 2 meal worms or bit more a day how is tht?

hmm, maybe he's just got a high metabolism or maybe locus aren't given
him enough meat, try gut loaded crickets , the photo shows him looking a
bit skinny ,maybe it was just the photo, good luck and glad to hear you are
feeding him plenty and often.

yt load em just started to give him five more when i get home from work now so tht s like 15 a day or more he having wud like to c more meat on him fingers cross'd

Back
Top Bottom