Eye crust?

When her mouth is open, it helps regulate their temp. They will typically get lighter in color to absorb less heat.
Good to know! I hadn’t heard the term gaping before. So if I see her mouth open while she is basking outside, is that okay/normal? Or does it mean she is too hot and I need to take her inside?

I would say 80’s is good but in direct sunlight it will be hotter So just remember that. She can get UVB in the shade as well.

Good to know! I hadn’t heard the term gaping before. So if I see her mouth open while she is basking outside, is that okay/normal? Or does it mean she is too hot and I need to take her inside?
It’s a normal response but I would take that as a sign to get into a shady area or back inside. Better to be safe...

I added images of second post here, but links will not work in this post because they are images...

The other post has been locked to further replies...

post 1.JPG

post 2.JPG

I just spoke with a vet on the phone, I will be making an appointment to get her checked out! Side note, after asking about the husbandry of my cage and her lifestyle, the vet mentioned that I should be letting my chameleon outside to soak in the UVB. Is this something you guys do? Bring your chameleon outside and perch her on a plant in the natural sunlight? I have not been doing this so I was kinda shocked to hear that I should be doing so!
What did the Vet say when you had the appointment? What treatment did they suggest?

Its probably time to have the it cut open and drained.

What did the Vet say when you had the appointment? What treatment did they suggest?
They gave me antibiotics in the form of eye drops. I gave it to her daily for 2 weeks. Didn’t see any improvements. They said if that doesn’t work then I should take her back in and they will cut it open, do a biopsy and then medicate accordingly. However the vet said all of this could cost around $500

Back
Top Bottom