Extreme Newbie here.

kearth

Over the weekend I bought a pair of bearded pygmy chameleons. I hate impulse buyers but I bought them for a friend who no longer wants them.

I need all kinds of help.

I have an 18 inch cube exoterra. Would that be ok for a pair of them? SHould I go bigger or smaller?

Do they better on ff ( melanogaster) or Hydei or pinheads? I breed Dartfrogs so I have tons of FFs just wanted to make sure what was best to feed them.

Also so me tips on setting up their thank would be great.

I am going to go search the forums thanks in advance for your help

If you go to the FLCHAMS website (one of the site sponsors) there is a great care sheet that also talks about setting them up. Fruit Flies and pinhead crickets are a good feeder. Your Exoterra will work for a pair of them. Keep temps low 70's.

Not gonna lie, I don't know a single thing about them!:rolleyes: however here is a link to flchams website, if you look on the left hand side in the box titled CHAMELEON INFO, there is a file download for the Pygmy Care Sheet, I'd provide the link but it is a downloadable file. I skimmed through it and it seems to be FULL of all the info you are looking for. Hope it helps.

hahahahah julirs no way is someone not only up right now replying to the same thread but also with the same info lol (although you added some tid-bits of your own :))

Thanks for the help guys.

Right now I am having a hard time finding small crickets, can I feed them the Hydei FF till I do find appropiate sized crickets?

Yes-fruit flies will work, but variety is essential with pygs. Find some large pin or small 1/4" crickets ASAP.

You can get pinhead sized crickets from Lucky Lures Cricket farm (very fast shipping and cheap if you live in Florida). Premium Cricket, Ghann and many others also sell, just do a google search.
Later, you can start your own, it only takes a month to get from putting adult crickets together, to getting decent size pinheads. Google and YouTube has plenty of sites that show how this is done. I am on a two week cycle right now. My first batch are 1/4 cricket size and I have a new set hatching.

Back
Top Bottom