Eustis weight gain

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi everyone! I weighed Eustis the other day and he weighed 40 grams. When I got him 5 months ago he weighed 30 grams. Is that a healthy weight gain for a Jackson’s Xanth in that time frame? He seems to have grown an inch or so as well. He was 8-9 months old when I got him so he’s 13-14 months old now.

Here’s a recent picture for anyone who’s interested.

Attachments

• DEB1A84F-8B39-4028-BABF-6BC7F22CA893.jpeg
    DEB1A84F-8B39-4028-BABF-6BC7F22CA893.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 82
His casque doesn't look puffy or bulging out, so that's a good thing. They also pack on weight around the spinal ridge. So if you can get a picture of his spine from the front or back and a pic from the top, that might be helpful (but probably not necessary). His legs and arms look to be a good size as well. Overall, I would say that you have nothing to worry about. He does not look obese to me at all. He looks healthy. Also, I'm glad to hear that he has grown an inch or so!

How much are you feeding him? You could probably start dialing that back depending on how much you feed him.

That sounds like a good amount to me. Seems like you can probably keep that schedule, especially if the feeders are on the smaller side. Just keep an eye out on his casque and spinal region. If they start to become rounded and puffy, definitely start dialing it back. With that said, your current regimen should suffice and you probably won't need to change a thing in the future.

Hi everyone! I weighed Eustis the other day and he weighed 40 grams. When I got him 5 months ago he weighed 30 grams. Is that a healthy weight gain for a Jackson’s Xanth in that time frame? He seems to have grown an inch or so as well. He was 8-9 months old when I got him so he’s 13-14 months old now.
Full grown weights for adult jax can vary a lot. Genetics, care of the mother and neonatal care can all be factors in determining size. At his age, he likely has more growing to do. I have had xanths put on an inch and 25 grams between their 12th and 24th months. Long story short, he is likely to grow some more, but it won’t be the kind of fast growth exhibited by very young chams. So long as he is eating, drinking and healthy, just keep doing what you’re doing.

Back
Top Bottom