Estimating age!

Hi all! I have a male veiled chameleon that I have had since mid-March, and I’m hoping I could get some help estimating how old he is so I can adjust his feeding schedule/amount if necessary. He has definitely grown since I first got him, and currently still eats about 8 crickets or roaches daily. I have attached photos from when I first got him in March to photos taken yesterday (early July).

I completed the husbandry questionnaire in my last thread (titled, Chameleon is consistently ashy/brown) if that’s helpful. He’s currently in a 18x24x60 custom cage. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 52E466BB-E84B-4B65-81EC-DE0FC7908C9B.jpeg
    52E466BB-E84B-4B65-81EC-DE0FC7908C9B.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 4A565E6D-C659-489A-8BC3-04BFB21ECBB6.jpeg
    4A565E6D-C659-489A-8BC3-04BFB21ECBB6.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 133
Hi all! I have a male veiled chameleon that I have had since mid-March, and I’m hoping I could get some help estimating how old he is so I can adjust his feeding schedule/amount if necessary. He has definitely grown since I first got him, and currently still eats about 8 crickets or roaches daily. I have attached photos from when I first got him in March to photos taken yesterday (early July).

I completed the husbandry questionnaire in my last thread (titled, Chameleon is consistently ashy/brown) if that’s helpful. He’s currently in a 18x24x60 custom cage. Thanks for the help!
He looks about 6-8 months to me but I'm no expert.

He may even be a bit younger. It's better to tell when you're like holding him because there's a size comparison. More photos like that would be helpful.

That makes sense! I just took this photo of him, but as you can see he’s shedding and was NOT happy about the camera in is face! I wouldnt want to stress him out by measuring his body, but for reference my wrist to middle finger is about 7 inches. Hopefully this helps!

Attachments

• F10D3E7A-21B7-482E-B4E5-37CC77D24B79.jpeg
    F10D3E7A-21B7-482E-B4E5-37CC77D24B79.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 141
That makes sense! I just took this photo of him, but as you can see he’s shedding and was NOT happy about the camera in is face! I wouldnt want to stress him out by measuring his body, but for reference my wrist to middle finger is about 7 inches. Hopefully this helps!
Yeah i'm going with 6-9 months. Hard to be exact.

I am leaning more toward 8-9 months based on his size and casque size... Keep him on the 8 feeders a day for another month or so then kick him to every other day 8 feeders. At roughly 1 year old they need to be on every other day feeding of 3-4 feeders. If he starts holding weight in his casque kick him to 3 days a week 3-4 feeders. Since we are not sure on age I would wait another 3-4 months before doing this.

Right now his weight looks wonderful. So just watch his casque that is the tell tell sign that he is eating too much and should be reduced.

I thought the casque is where the little aliens control booth is for the chameleon vehicle??

Back
Top Bottom