Enjoying time with Yoda lately

bbyoda

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi everyone! Since I moved to my new home Yoda has been feeling more confident and has come out for some free range / outside time almost every day.

Trouble is that once he spends a bit of time in his money tree he makes a run for my guinea pig's enclosure. Which has resulted in some fascinating interactions. My guinea pig is curious and says hello and Yoda gets puffed up and hisses at him, even struck Wicket with his tongue once. Neither is hurt or anything, I just want to design a free range space that encourages them to keep their distance.

PXL_20220525_140148049.jpg
PXL_20220602_150549605.jpg

PXL_20220601_174033664.jpg

PXL_20220526_135346940.jpg

PXL_20220524_190013438.jpg

PXL_20220601_163248017.jpg

It´s almost impossible to create a free range that keeps them in, trust me, if they wanna get out, they get out. However, if you make a perfect free range for them, where they feel secure and happy, they´ll stay in it and don´t need any boundaries. BUT, they´ll first explore all options inside your room, to convince themselves that the free range is their best option, once that´s accepted they stay in their ´tree´.
And during mating seasons, they come out to search for a mating partner.

That is too cute that he checks out your Guinea pig. 🤗 He is a gorgeous guy and that casque is huge!🥰
Right? I'm documenting and supervising it all to make sure they are both safe. I thought the guinea pig would be more skittish but no, he's totally interested. Yoda is looking really fine lately! I think the change in humidity in this new house made a big difference.

It´s almost impossible to create a free range that keeps them in, trust me, if they wanna get out, they get out. However, if you make a perfect free range for them, where they feel secure and happy, they´ll stay in it and don´t need any boundaries. BUT, they´ll first explore all options inside your room, to convince themselves that the free range is their best option, once that´s accepted they stay in their ´tree´.
And during mating seasons, they come out to search for a mating partner.
Thank you for this knowledge! I need to create a better free range for sure, and sounds like once I do that he'll still do his thing 😂

Thank you for this knowledge! I need to create a better free range for sure, and sounds like once I do that he'll still do his thing 😂
And I was a bit focused on the free range part, but oh boy what is he handsome with his cool casque :love:. Amazing how they sometimes react and interact with other animals.

Back
Top Bottom