ENCLOSURE MUSHROOMS ON BRANCH??

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hey everyone! Apologises for the mucky screen, this would be cleaning week but my boy moved to his new enclosure next week so we’re holding off with wiping the doors down and taking things out as we don’t want to mix his life up for so many days on the trot!

Now to the main reason I’m here, I’ve had this branch ages with limited problems the odd bit of mold to wipe off or cut but now this white mushroomy looking stuff has become more colourful and to life as well as some sprouting at the bottom of the branch, is this deadly?? Is this an immediate job or just something I can leave for a week and sort down the line?
image.jpg

You are fine. The fancy store bought corks even leave them on for decoration. Odds are its not yummy, but its stalkless and orange, so its not poisonous. But that small i cant tell if its a Chicken of the Woods or a Chanterelle

Last edited:
I’ve had this several times. I have some right now. I don’t think there an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_6306.jpeg
    IMG_6306.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6307.jpeg
    IMG_6307.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 53
You are fine. The fancy store bought corks even leave them on for decoration. Odds are its not yummy, but its stalkless and orange, so its not poisonous. But that small i cant tell if its a Chicken of the Woods or a Chanterelle
I’ve had this several times. I have some right now. I don’t think there an issue.
You pair of heroes! I was panicking a little thinking something bad could happen but it sounds like a rather nice touch to the enclosure!

Back
Top Bottom