Enclosure additions and accessories

jackthejellydragon

Avid Member
Hi I have been wanting to give my little guy kiwi some enrichment or accessories to make his life better. I have bee needing to drop temp and humidity at night because my temp at night is the same as my day temps around 70 degrees and 40 to 50 percent humidity with good airflow. I have been wanting to add more to inside of cage without taking him out because I am still working on building trust not going to well. anything I need to add branch or plant wise . If you think im setup fine then Use this thread to share and ellaborate on yours and others ideas. will have pictures soon sorry for the wait.

If you think im setup fine then Use this thread to share and ellaborate on yours and others ideas. will have pictures soon sorry for the wait.
Hard to say without the pics. I'm in the midst of trying to replace a braided trunk ficus tree that somehow lost 3/4 of its leaves, but it's still his favorite basking & lurking spot.

Got a nice appropriately-sized mass cane, even though there's already one of those in the enclosure.

Missus thinned out the Nepenthes (pitcher plant) that was hanging in there. It grew tremendously in the 4 months it was in there, so now we have two—one inside and one out.

Also have to expose the three vines blocked by a now irregularly-shaped schefflera (another favorite lurking spot). They've also grown tremendously, and have shoots all over the place, but little/no sense to them.

And he still keeps eyeing the rubber plant (Ficus elastica) just outside his door. Not sure what to do/make of that... 🤷‍♂️

here are some pictures sorry for wait.
IMG_5674.jpg
IMG_5671.jpg
IMG_5672.jpg
IMG_5673.jpg

Aside from the fake vines I think it's fine.
Stones on top of the plants don't need to be so large—many use smooth river pebbles. Just large enough that a cham can't swallow/ingest.

IDK what those tacks may do to the screen over the long term. I have some dowels/branches between the ledges as you have, and then more anchored to those at right angles, rather than putting stress directly on the screen. Just a suggestion to preserve your enclosure as long as possible.

Back
Top Bottom