Eggs hatching after 3 months?!!!?!!

Deagle50

I know it sounds crazy as hell but these little guys started to come out of their eggs today! they were laid on 08-04-2020 so that would make the eggs 3 months old? Im curious if there are any health issues that I need to be concerned with.

Attachments

• 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 102
That's a little warm IMHO. It would push them to hatch sooner than normal...but that's still really early IMHO.

That's a little warm IMHO. It would push them to hatch sooner than normal...but that's still really early IMHO.
The 3 that have hatched already seem to be healthy. Should I leave the ones that are still in their egg in the incubator?
My first time and I was caught off guard with the early arrival.

It's good that they are coming out healthy!

I would leave the ones in the eggs alone until they come out of the eggs and are walking around.

Good luck with the rest!

Leave the eggs that are slit right where they are...don't disturb them. You don't want to change they humidity etc by moving them.

Once they are out of the egg and walking around you can take them out of the cage/tank and set them up in their own cage. When thy are young you can keep several together in the same cage for about a month but watch for aggression/intimidation, etc. and separate them if that happens.

Leave the eggs that are slit right where they are...don't disturb them. You don't want to change they humidity etc by moving them.

Once they are out of the egg and walking around you can take them out of the cage/tank and set them up in their own cage. When thy are young you can keep several together in the same cage for about a month but watch for aggression/intimidation, etc. and separate them if that happens.
Will do I have 8 dragon strand nursery cages ready to go. Thank you for all the info!
last thing... Is there any health concerns I should keep an eye out for since they hatched so early.

I don't know what health concerns they might face off hand. I've never had any hatch that quickly. I'll look though.
If they act lethargic or sit low in the cage with their eyes shut then that would be a concern.
i don't use basking lights on babies for a while after they are born. Their tiny bodies can dehydrate quickly and overheat quickly too.
I'm careful with watering too...I don't like the water drips to be too big...some of them can't handle it.

Back
Top Bottom