Egg Bound

Joeyg645

Hi

I have a female Veiled Cham, I’ve had her about 2 years and she has laid eggs many times before with no issues. Her cage is definitely up to the correct specifications and she has and egg laying bin in the bottom that she has used with no problems before.Like I said I have had her for 2 years and this is the first time she has ever shown any signs of trouble.

She has been gravid for a couple weeks now and this last week I started noticing the problems. She is not eating and She is very weak and seems to have trouble holding on to the branches and has even fallen a couple times. She is not even attempting to dig and today she was even just dangling upside down which I have never seen her do before.

I took her to the vet and all he did was give her a calcium shot but it doesn’t not seem to have helped.

what should I do? I am very worried about her

Hi

I have a female Veiled Cham, I’ve had her about 2 years and she has laid eggs many times before with no issues. Her cage is definitely up to the correct specifications and she has and egg laying bin in the bottom that she has used with no problems before.Like I said I have had her for 2 years and this is the first time she has ever shown any signs of trouble.

She has been gravid for a couple weeks now and this last week I started noticing the problems. She is not eating and She is very weak and seems to have trouble holding on to the branches and has even fallen a couple times. She is not even attempting to dig and today she was even just dangling upside down which I have never seen her do before.

I took her to the vet and all he did was give her a calcium shot but it doesn’t not seem to have helped.

Personally, I would either take her back to the vet or find a better vet before you lose her.

@MissSkittles is right. She needs a good chameleon vet now...and even then it may be too late sadly.

How many eggs did she lay in previous clutches? Did she bury them properly?
Post some recent photos of her please.

Hi

Are you in the orlando area? I Took my girl to Exotic Animal Hospital Dr Macko Sangetta was great my girl had follicular stasis and had to have surgery to get her back. You have to react fast as her declining condition can effect if shes strong enough to have surgery. I hope everything will be ok. Praying for your girl.

Back
Top Bottom