Eating Habits for 4 month

zacharykg

Hey guys,

I just received a newly turned 4 month year old panther chameleon. I got him on Tuesday so he’s been with me for 5 days now. I know that chameleons of this age should be eating around 10-12 feeders daily but he’s only eaten around half a dozen since being home. Would this maybe be due to him adjusting from the travel day here still? I present the feeders in a cup and let some free range as well. I do not stick around to watch him, I will leave the room. Thoughts? Thank you!

Congrats on the new chameleon :) Sounds like a shy chameleon still getting used to their new home. You're doing all the right things by giving them privacy and multiple ways to feed. It is a little tricky to count the number of bugs eaten when you free range, so just keep that in mind. Also every chameleon as a different appetite and food preference.

Congrats on the new chameleon :) Sounds like a shy chameleon still getting used to their new home. You're doing all the right things by giving them privacy and multiple ways to feed. It is a little tricky to count the number of bugs eaten when you free range, so just keep that in mind. Also every chameleon as a different appetite and food preference.
Should I remove the feeders after some time? I have the lights come on at 730...feeders were inside by 8. They have been in there for a few hours now and he’s only zapped one

I'd remove them at night. This will allow you to re-gutload/supplement them and prevent them from bugging (pun intended) your chameleon at night.

Back
Top Bottom