Ease to breed.

Another question,How many,and for how long should i feed my veil,he is in between 2-3 months old?Are there any charts or refferances to this?I was reading their diet tapers down as they grow older.

I wasnt exactly sure at what age they would eat that many,But your page reads as many as he will eat for the first Six months? at 30/day that comes to be 210 per week or around 840 per month,the price of the crickets themselves isnt bad at all, its the postage thats killing me!Most local stores around me, sell Individual Crickets of assorted sizes at 5 cents+ each,and needing 1000+ that would be 50$!

If you go online and type in cricket feeders you will get a ton of response. The average i think is about 12-15 per 1000 plus shipping. That is what will kill you. i get mine from Crazy Carls and if you buy at least either 1-2000 a month you pay 12.95 plus 10.00 for shipping. Where do you live? If you go to reptile shows you can buy them there and not have to pay for shipping.

Debby

I wasnt exactly sure at what age they would eat that many,But your page reads as many as he will eat for the first Six months? at 30/day that comes to be 210 per week or around 840 per month,the price of the crickets themselves isnt bad at all, its the postage thats killing me!Most local stores around me, sell Individual Crickets of assorted sizes at 5 cents+ each,and needing 1000+ that would be 50$!

Imagine raising 40 baby veileds for 2 to 3 months:eek:

-Brad

Most of the large chain pet stores will offer bulk quantities at lower prices. Since they are already getting a shipment of them in, they usually eat the postage costs. Every store around me wants 7 cents for small and 9 cents for large crickets. At last check most of them near me wanted $15.99 per 1000, but require that you special order them a week ahead of time.

Hey guys what about phoenix worms?They are soft bodied and high in calcium,how many would you feed a baby of 3" long? Any rough estimates?I realize that its as many as he can eat,but as for now i don't know any rough numbers on what that would be.

Hey guys what about phoenix worms?They are soft bodied and high in calcium,how many would you feed a baby of 3" long? Any rough estimates?I realize that its as many as he can eat,but as for now i don't know any rough numbers on what that would be.

Any idea if they are a good staple?

Phoenix worms have been known to pass through chameleons completely undigested (I have seen it myself - whole worms in the feces). One way to prevent this is to prick a hole into the grubs before you feed them to your cham, but this ultimately kills them and they stop wriggling after a while, meaning your cham will ignore them.

Small phoenix worms can be used for baby chams, but they are not a great staple feeder, and they are certainly not the 'wonder feeder' that they are made out to be.

Phoenix worms have been known to pass through chameleons completely undigested (I have seen it myself - whole worms in the feces). One way to prevent this is to prick a hole into the grubs before you feed them to your cham, but this ultimately kills them and they stop wriggling after a while, meaning your cham will ignore them.

Small phoenix worms can be used for baby chams, but they are not a great staple feeder, and they are certainly not the 'wonder feeder' that they are made out to be.

AH i see thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom