Dumb question... but cleaners??

xxaprilrose

Established Member
So this is my first time owning a house with hardwood floors. Before i had carpet and just cleaned the floors with a steam cleaner. With these hardwoods ive been using a steam mop but i dont feel it cleans as well so i want to go the old fashioned route but idk what floor cleaner is safe to use around chams? I bought pine sol but googled it and quickly found not to so now idk what to use with my mop lol ty in advance!

I used to use Murphy’s oil soap on my hardwood floors. It appears to be safe for cats and dogs but has a citronella scent. Not having a lot of luck finding much in the archives other than you shouldn’t use citronella plants inside a chameleon enclosure.
I was thinking maybe just vinegar and water, but some info that I’ve found says not to - vinegar is acidic and will ‘eat’ at the polyurethane finish.

So this is my first time owning a house with hardwood floors. Before i had carpet and just cleaned the floors with a steam cleaner. With these hardwoods ive been using a steam mop but i dont feel it cleans as well so i want to go the old fashioned route but idk what floor cleaner is safe to use around chams? I bought pine sol but googled it and quickly found not to so now idk what to use with my mop lol ty in advance!
I use the Method concentrate they sell to refill the household cleaner bottles. One cupful in about a quart of water. Cleans great have used for years with chams and other lizards, cat and birds.

I use Bona, works great for regular cleanings and I use their polish a couple times a year which makes my hardwood floors looks really nice!

Back
Top Bottom