Dubia roaches

So my mom finally let me get Dubia roaches so I can breed them but will they hurt The smaller roaches?

The adult Dubia won't hurt the baby roaches (nymphs). Just make sure they all have plenty of soil to burrow in, egg crates to hide in, gutload and veggie based protein to eat and they'll be happy. Are you going to keep your colony as bioactive? What will you keep them in?

@Pickle-cham is right if they're overcrowded or the female/male ratio is off the adult males will eat nymphs. So it's important to make sure they have lots of space and if they're breeding like wild to start a new colony in a new bin or give them to someone else as a starter colony. I think they will also nibble each other's wings if they don't have enough protein.

They’re in a 10 gallon right now and I gut loaded with all kinds of stuff I can find like carrots lettuce apples oranges ets
Got soil in there and or egg crates or something to hide from each other the sweet spot for temperature is 26-32 degrees or 80 to 90f

Every now and then I remove the babies and keep them in a separate bin from the adults. Makes it much easier to grab some for feeding. My personal experience is they do seem to breed better in soil/bioactive. I use cork bark for their hiding spots.

Is this what it looks like with they give
Birth?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 92
Is this what it looks like with they give
Birth?
If they are the same as discoid and give live birth, that is the egg sac thing. I don’t know if they extend it out of their bodies when birthing. I’ve only seen that once in one of mine and at the time had no idea what it was. @jamest0o0 will know better than I.

I‘ve wondered about their birthing process and how many babies they have. Amazing that they can squeeze all those babies in their bodies. Roaches are pretty cool animals and I find them fascinating. If only they weren’t so icky.

Back
Top Bottom