Dry skin on lip??

monicaleaa

Hi everyone, hope you all are safe during this strange time.

I noticed my juvenile nosy mitsio male panther has what appears to be like lifted dry skin on his lip? It's yellowish in colour so I'm aware that this could be an upper respiratory infection, but he doesn't present any symptoms associated with upper respiratory infection such as discharge from the mouth and nose. I used a qtip with warm water to just try and see if I could maybe ease it off, but it seems to be pretty stuck on.

I should note too that he is about to shed, he's become a bit pickier with feeding and a bit more moody so I know he'll shed within a couple days, urates are healthy and is regularly going to bathroom.

I may just be over thinking and maybe it's just the start of his shedding but just wanted to ask on here! Thanks, I attached a picture for reference, if you notice his eyes are slightly sunken, it's because he was very unhappy with me and my qtip LOL, not dehydrated!
IMG_20200401_105057.jpg
IMG_20200401_105110.jpg

What does the gum at that spot look like? Get him to gape or gently roll his outer lip up and look at it. If the gum is reddened, swollen, discolored could be stomatitis (mouth rot). It could also be a piece of shed or remains from a feeder stuck there too.

Back
Top Bottom