Dripper set up, what does your cham like?

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Yesterday I set up my dripper with an IV roller. I taped a fake leaf to the end so the water rolls off the leaf and onto the tree and down in the soil without splashing. I'm wondering, for those of you that use drippers, what draws your chams to go and take a drink? Water sliding over leaves, collecting on a leaf(like a little puddle), or just the water dripping directly from the tube itself? My parson's cham has never(unlike my panthers) actually licked a leaf of water. I've only seen him open his mouth and lick his lips during a mist session. So I'm not sure he'll ever touch this, but I like having it just as an added measure. I'm trying to set it up as enticingly as possible. I'll post some pictures of how it is now...

Off topic, but does anyone have experience with a small/cheaper dehumidifier for a small office room that actually works? If I can get one, I could probably manage to fog him at night for a couple hours and just have the dehumidifier kick on afterwards.

Attachments

• 20201002_131020.jpg
    20201002_131020.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 20201002_131035.jpg
    20201002_131035.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 119
Mine always responded to the actual dripping off leaves... I do not use them now though....

Per the humidifier you should be good with any cool mist one. I prefer the top fill but just cause I hate taking it apart to fill. Some have built in timers though that you can not over ride with a secondary timer.

Mine always responded to the actual dripping off leaves... I do not use them now though....

Per the humidifier you should be good with any cool mist one. I prefer the top fill but just cause I hate taking it apart to fill. Some have built in timers though that you can not over ride with a secondary timer.

I am doubting that he'll go for it, but I figured I'd try.

I meant dehumidifier, I have the fogger already ;)

Yesterday I set up my dripper with an IV roller. I taped a fake leaf to the end so the water rolls off the leaf and onto the tree and down in the soil without splashing. I'm wondering, for those of you that use drippers, what draws your chams to go and take a drink? Water sliding over leaves, collecting on a leaf(like a little puddle), or just the water dripping directly from the tube itself? My parson's cham has never(unlike my panthers) actually licked a leaf of water. I've only seen him open his mouth and lick his lips during a mist session. So I'm not sure he'll ever touch this, but I like having it just as an added measure. I'm trying to set it up as enticingly as possible. I'll post some pictures of how it is now...

Off topic, but does anyone have experience with a small/cheaper dehumidifier for a small office room that actually works? If I can get one, I could probably manage to fog him at night for a couple hours and just have the dehumidifier kick on afterwards.
I have mine dripping off of a leaf and down to a birdnest fern but I have never seen him drink.??

I had my dripper hose resting on the top of the screen. I do not use one anymore. But when I did, I would just let the drop dangle from the screen. I also mist the top screen instead of opening the enclosure. My chameleons do not actively drink off leaves, but when they see the droplets all sitting on the top screen I have seen them actively pressing their mouths against it to drink, and then just licking their lips kind of....they also sit under the mist and lick their lips....though I would say most of their hydration comes from fogging at night.

Yours has never used it?
Not that I have witnessed. When he was young he would try and chew the end off the hose but not now. He is hydrated fine so he may sneek in a drop or two now & then. I use a fogger at night so think he gets hydrated then.

I am doubting that he'll go for it, but I figured I'd try.

I meant dehumidifier, I have the fogger already ;)
Sorry I read that wrong... lol I have been pretty impressed with the Midea brand. I have the 30 pint one. I suppose it just depends on the size of the room. I know there are ones made for like bathrooms that are cheaper. Now they do not make the 30 pint like mine but they make a 20 pint. I think the price is reasonable for how well it works. Drops mine from 75-80% down to 40-50% in a room that is about 16x12 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NRDBBH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had my dripper hose resting on the top of the screen. I do not use one anymore. But when I did, I would just let the drop dangle from the screen. I also mist the top screen instead of opening the enclosure. My chameleons do not actively drink off leaves, but when they see the droplets all sitting on the top screen I have seen them actively pressing their mouths against it to drink, and then just licking their lips kind of....they also sit under the mist and lick their lips....though I would say most of their hydration comes from fogging at night.
I always saw my Panthers do this as well. No screen on my free range though lol

Sorry I read that wrong... lol I have been pretty impressed with the Midea brand. I have the 30 pint one. I suppose it just depends on the size of the room. I know there are ones made for like bathrooms that are cheaper. Now they do not make the 30 pint like mine but they make a 20 pint. I think the price is reasonable for how well it works. Drops mine from 75-80% down to 40-50% in a room that is about 16x12 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NRDBBH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh yeah that one looks legit. You know, I just realized... I have a practically new, 50 pint dehumidifier in my garage that isn't being used ATM... i might as well stick that in my office and run the fogger lol. It would rarely need to run, it's so powerful and the room is very small.

I always saw my Panthers do this as well. No screen on my free range though lol

Oh yeah that one looks legit. You know, I just realized... I have a practically new, 50 pint dehumidifier in my garage that isn't being used ATM... i might as well stick that in my office and run the fogger lol. It would rarely need to run, it's so powerful and the room is very small.
Your a dork ?

Back
Top Bottom