Dragon strand

Hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone knows if it it possible to copy the dragon strand white Panels in the cage. And is it hard to do?

Can you attempt to mimic... Yes. Is it the same quality as what dragon strand puts out, no way. Both my cages are Dragon Strand cages. My atrium is the Hybrid with the PVC panels by DS. My Medium Tall was a Clearside version but I wanted it to match the new one. So I got the pvc and attached to the outside of frame about every 3 inches with 1/4 inch stainless steal screws allowing for the main screws that hook the whole frame together. I predrilled all the main holes for the ones that hook into the other frame pieces... It was quite a bit of work. Side by side they match and look good. However if I did not already have the Medium Tall Atrium I would have just gotten a second hybrid. Even though I spend a bit more and went with stainless steal screws I worry about the possibility of eventual rusting from the screws down the panels. Which I do not have to worry about with my Hybrid. I spent about $100 for the pvc and screws. Yes, it was hard to do. And I had to think out every component so I did not mess up my main screw holes.

Hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone knows if it it possible to copy the dragon strand white Panels in the cage. And is it hard to do?

depending on what you want it for, but they sell fluorescent ceiling panels at home depo . They are thin, no strength to build on, but could work in a frame or for covering a screen cage

Can you attempt to mimic... Yes. Is it the same quality as what dragon strand puts out, no way. Both my cages are Dragon Strand cages. My atrium is the Hybrid with the PVC panels by DS. My Medium Tall was a Clearside version but I wanted it to match the new one. So I got the pvc and attached to the outside of frame about every 3 inches with 1/4 inch stainless steal screws allowing for the main screws that hook the whole frame together. I predrilled all the main holes for the ones that hook into the other frame pieces... It was quite a bit of work. Side by side they match and look good. However if I did not already have the Medium Tall Atrium I would have just gotten a second hybrid. Even though I spend a bit more and went with stainless steal screws I worry about the possibility of eventual rusting from the screws down the panels. Which I do not have to worry about with my Hybrid. I spent about $100 for the pvc and screws. Yes, it was hard to do. And I had to think out every component so I did not mess up my main screw holes.
Thank you for the help ??

Thank you for the honesty I think I’ll maybe just try the dragon strand rather than the exo terra

Thank you for the honesty I think I’ll maybe just try the dragon strand rather than the exo terra
Honestly the quality of dragon strand enclosures surpasses any other screen brand. You get extras like the ledges and drip pan by buying a dragon strand. They are very well made and strong. Do not flex like other brands. They actually will last. I have been extremely happy with mine. A little more expensive but they are made of better stronger materials as well.

Even though I spend a bit more and went with stainless steal screws I worry about the possibility of eventual rusting from the screws down the panels.
If they are truly stainless steel and not galvanized (coated) or something else, they should never rust.
I'm not suggesting the screws you got aren't stainless—stainless are commonly available—I'm just saying that rust stains shouldn't be a concern.

That said, with all the misting & moisture in a cham cage, galvanic corrosion may be a future issue (though it's more common if using aluminum screws on stainless).

Should any stains appear, they should be cleanable with baking soda or magic eraser and a little elbow grease. ;)

Back
Top Bottom