Doodlebug - One of Many Sons of El Lobo

spearsre

I rarely post photos but I wanted to start bragging a little. :) This guy is green as can be....He is showing some yellow and orange when he fires up...I am hoping for more yellow! What do you think?

Attachments

• Chameleon 09 010.JPG
    Chameleon 09 010.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 168
He looks very exotic. Would love to see a fired up pic. How old is he, and, has he ever seen a female?

He is 8 months old. He has seen my little Ambilobe female and totally starts bobby his head. The funny thing is this little dance he does by standing tall on all four and bouncing while bobbing his head. I have got to find a female Sambava to mate him with. Oh and thanks! :)

Your guy looks just like mine from El Lobo. All green. I have some good news. Below is what he looked like when I mated him. Quite a difference. I was shocked. Mostly he is all green like yours. I have not seen the colors in the picture below since the mating but I hold out hope. :D

IMG_5527.jpg

He is 8 months old. He has seen my little Ambilobe female and totally starts bobby his head. The funny thing is this little dance he does by standing tall on all four and bouncing while bobbing his head. I have got to find a female Sambava to mate him with. Oh and thanks! :)

I love those dances they do. El Lobo threw some very exotic colors. It is not surprising that his offspring would be very exotic, as well. They continue to develop their colors until they are about 18 months old. So, expect some more subtle changes over the next 7 months.

We happen to have some beautiful female 100% Sambavas from the Loki line. They are in their 8th month, as well. If you are interested, send us a PM.

The breeding-related dances are so very interesting. Someone should video a series of them. We have a female veiled chameleon that does an extreme dance when she DOESN'T want a male. She turns her body into satellite-dish-mode, huge flat and cupped, and extends way up on her stiff legs as high as she can, and swings her body forward and back in great arcs while thrusting out her gular. It is an absolutely fantastic display.

Your guy looks just like mine from El Lobo. All green. I have some good news. Below is what he looked like when I mated him. Quite a difference. I was shocked. Mostly he is all green like yours. I have not seen the colors in the picture below since the mating but I hold out hope. :D

IMG_5527.jpg

Wow! He is a good looking guy...Here is a semi-fired up photo of Doodlebug. I expect big changes.

Attachments

• Chameleons II 09 012.JPG
    Chameleons II 09 012.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 152
I love those dances they do. El Lobo threw some very exotic colors. It is not surprising that his offspring would be very exotic, as well. They continue to develop their colors until they are about 18 months old. So, expect some more subtle changes over the next 7 months.

We happen to have some beautiful female 100% Sambavas from the Loki line. They are in their 8th month, as well. If you are interested, send us a PM.

The breeding-related dances are so very interesting. Someone should video a series of them. We have a female veiled chameleon that does an extreme dance when she DOESN'T want a male. She turns her body into satellite-dish-mode, huge flat and cupped, and extends way up on her stiff legs as high as she can, and swings her body forward and back in great arcs while thrusting out her gular. It is an absolutely fantastic display.

I know...I have seen your Sammies. They look great!

Semi-fired up!

So here are a couple of photos taken about five minutes ago.

Attachments

• Chameleons II 09 011.JPG
    Chameleons II 09 011.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Chameleons II 09 009.JPG
    Chameleons II 09 009.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 138
Here is our first Sambava male at 10 months. At first he mostly colored up in the head area, too.

websitelogo1.jpg

Man I love the orange and green coloration in some Sambavas. Very Nice!!!
I have posted more photos in my albums so we don't keep tying up the forum space. Thanks folks...makes me proud of my little guy!

I should also mention I have one of Gesang's little girls. She is so sweet and beautiful and growing like crazy.

Great pics spearsre and Gesang . Mostly I see the same coloration in my guy.

I should also mention I have one of Gesang's little girls. She is so sweet and beautiful and growing like crazy.

Great pics spearsre and Gesang . Mostly I see the same coloration in my guy.

Is she one of the little girls in your album? Raul is a great looking male Ambilobe. Although I swear he looks like an Ambanja in one of those photos.

Is she one of the little girls in your album? Raul is a great looking male Ambilobe. Although I swear he looks like an Ambanja in one of those photos.

I don't have her in the album but I have some pics. I will update them so you can take a look.

Back
Top Bottom