Does he look healthy?

Kam0408

Established Member
So I recently switched from crickets to dubias( though still I sometimes use crickets) and have been trying to get my chameleon, Pascal, on a better diet but lately he is looking a bit chubby and I don’t know if he needs a better diet or something. The items I feed are Dubai roaches, sometimes crickets, hornworms and super worms. I gutload them with collard greens, sweet potato, carrot, fresh fruit, and just the other day started using water crystals.
I have supplements, calcium with and without d3 and a multivitamin.
I feed him Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday so every week he eats two days in a row but that’s it.
I mist him 2-3 times a day by hand on a nozzle and then lave him alone.
Also is there anything that I need to add to his cage?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 84
So I recently switched from crickets to dubias( though still I sometimes use crickets) and have been trying to get my chameleon, Pascal, on a better diet but lately he is looking a bit chubby and I don’t know if he needs a better diet or something. The items I feed are Dubai roaches, sometimes crickets, hornworms and super worms. I gutload them with collard greens, sweet potato, carrot, fresh fruit, and just the other day started using water crystals.
I have supplements, calcium with and without d3 and a multivitamin.
I feed him Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday so every week he eats two days in a row but that’s it.
I mist him 2-3 times a day by hand on a nozzle and then lave him alone.
Also is there anything that I need to add to his cage?
Looks like he is in a small cage rather then the 2x2x4 minimum size for a Male Veiled.

How old is he and how much are you feeding each feeding? What is your schedule for supplements?

I actually am hoping to get a bigger dragon strand cage for him this month just don’t know exactly when but I for sure am upgrading.
He I think is 7 months.
I am feeding 6-9 things at feedings
Supplements are calcium without d3 every feeding and every Tuesday I switch between calcium with d3 and multivitamin

I actually am hoping to get a bigger dragon strand cage for him this month just don’t know exactly when but I for sure am upgrading.
He I think is 7 months.
I am feeding 6-9 things at feedings
Supplements are calcium without d3 every feeding and every Tuesday I switch between calcium with d3 and multivitamin
Too many feeders at this age. Should be cut back to 5 max every other day then when he hits 9 months cut back to 3 feeders every other day. Supplement schedule is correct.

Ok...
thanks I just don’t really know how old he is the store I got him from said he was from 4-9 months and we’re no help

I would recommend you take those exoterra vines out, those are notorious for giving chams eye issues. Use the flukers foam vines or something nice n natural like pothos or even grapevine ?

Oh duh im blind ? but yes, you can also just take some branches from outside but shave the bark off 1st and give a good rinse/wash with some waterd down dawn.

Ok...
thanks I just don’t really know how old he is the store I got him from said he was from 4-9 months and we’re no help
Yeah I would lean more to the 7-8 months old based on his size to your hand and in the cage. So for another month have him on 5 feeders every other day then drop him back to 3.

I have dragon strand enclosures. They are pricey but amazing. https://dragonstrand.com/ They come with a drip pan and dragon ledges to mount branches and plants higher in the enclosure.
I do not like the reptibreeze enclosures they are made poorly IMO. But another cage that would be better made and not as expensive as a DS cage would be this one https://www.diycages.com/collection...ducts/sc4-48x24x24-jumbo-vertical-screen-cage

Ok yeah I have a few outside branches in there but I did have that question
Can you use a hybrid dragon strand for veileds I just know that you are supposed to have a screen.

Ok yeah I have a few outside branches in there but I did have that question
Can you use a hybrid dragon strand for veileds I just know that you are supposed to have a screen.
I mean "technichally" you could use a cardboard box ?sorry im just messin around. Yes of course you can but they also make a screened version that's cheaper!

I use hybrids for my Veileds. I love them. I do live where my humidity is higher and I do happen to run a dehumidifier to lower it during the day. I used it even when I had screen. My reason for switching over is I have much more control over my temperatures and humidity levels. The chimney effect works wonderfully in the hybrid and they get the airflow. I think it just depends on where you live and what type of ambient conditions you have. If I lived where it was dryer then a hybrid would be fantastic for control of the humidity level.

Back
Top Bottom