Do need to install a new light bulb if I just tapped the fixture & the bulb went out?

Hello, this is probably a stupid question but I was fiddling at the top of my enclosure & accidentally tapped (ever so lightly?) my Brand new T5 light fixture & the bulb went out! I have a spare but thought I would ask if anyone knows if it just needs time to cool down & will possibly work again? Anyone have this happen? The reason I ask is because I thought this happened a few weeks ago one night right when the lights went out & in the morning it was working again. So I’m hoping I don’t need to disturb my guy right now by exchanging the bulb if I don’t have to. I have the Reptisun T5 5.0 22”. Thanks!

Hello, this is probably a stupid question but I was fiddling at the top of my enclosure & accidentally tapped (ever so lightly?) my Brand new T5 light fixture & the bulb went out! I have a spare but thought I would ask if anyone knows if it just needs time to cool down & will possibly work again? Anyone have this happen? The reason I ask is because I thought this happened a few weeks ago one night right when the lights went out & in the morning it was working again. So I’m hoping I don’t need to disturb my guy right now by exchanging the bulb if I don’t have to. I have the Reptisun T5 5.0 22”. Thanks!
Double check the bulb. Most will drop in and twist or they plug in. If it is installed right then you may have an issue with the actual fixture.

Try removing the bulb just reinstalling it. You can switch ends, or rotate the bulb 180 degrees. It’s probably a socket contact issue, and you probably don't need to replace anything. Do you have a solar meter?

It is extremely unlikely that the bulb will ever die unless its starting to have black rings like an cm from the ends. Im guessing you have a bad connection as most T5 are twist in. If its a bad ballast they normal just light very dim.

Thank you everyone!! I giggled the bulb & let it sit for 30 minutes & thankfully it turned back on!! Weird, that’s the second time it has done that! Just got it about 2 weeks ago. Seems like if I just tap the fixture, the bulb turns off! Must be super sensitive?. Thanks for the help!

That must've been quite a sight—did it giggle back at you? ?

You might try scuffing up the contacts of the fixture with some sandpaper or an emery board (after turning it off and unplugging it! ? ) ?
I put up a sign at work saying please giggle the handle of the toilet to keep it from running all night...

I put up a sign at work saying please giggle the handle of the toilet to keep it from running all night...
That must've been quite a sight—did it giggle back at you? ?

You might try scuffing up the contacts of the fixture with some sandpaper or an emery board (after turning it off and unplugging it! ? ) ?
Lol?‍♀️ ? Well, If you can’t laugh (Jiggle?) at yourself?

Back
Top Bottom