Do I need to Change the size of branches as they grow?

Troubledluna80

Established Member
My Chamaeleon, Cricket, was very tiny when I first got her and now she’s about six months old. The initial branches I put in there seem a little tiny for her. Her feet wrap all the way around them and lately I’ve seen her walking on the live plants more than the branches. I’m wondering if I should change the branches to a thicker dimension. I think I should but she is shy and typically hides after I change anything about her cage so I wanted to make sure it was necessary before I caused her stress. I will attach a picture. I have had my husbandry reviewed. I did make the changes people suggested. Adding in the feeding cup was vital she was only eating for bugs when I was hand feeding her from a cup. Now she eats 15 black soldier fly larva and 6 crickets or Dubai roaches a day. Thank you everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 77
Hi. It’s important that they have branches and vines of differing diameters to keep their feet and leg muscles in shape. Instead of replacing all of the small, how about just adding some which are larger and of varied widths? You could even add some in that there’s no way she’s be able to wrap her little mittens around.

Back
Top Bottom