Do Foggers really work for small open (cham) enclosures?

i have the exo terra fogger and that's what i use along with a dripper and spraying the cage with a normal bottle for the humidity. Kinda makes a mess but it does bring the humidity up. More experienced members are probably going to tell you to get something called a MistKing if i remember right.

That is what I am going to get. They are expensive though. Which one to get is going to be my next posting. ARGH so many questions lol.

I got one for 50$. When my parents found out and actually saw the fogger they said i was crazy and walked away lol. I put it in a cup on top of the enclosure and i let the fog seep into the tank. Be warned though unless you find out something i don't know about keeping things dry the fogger makes a mess of the nearby area basically making everything wet!

Might as well just get a humidifier. Those foggers are supposed to suck really bad.

I plan to just attach a tube to my humidifier and run it into the enclosure ita an easy and cheap way to get the humitity in.

Great find Syn.

I use a modified humidifier system like the one in the link, with 2" black rigid pvc piping in stead of flexible. The single humidifier can deliver fog to four cages. Pipes and joints are all slip-fitted together so its a cinch to adjust or change. Every once in a while the joints do leak a drop or two. Its a bit ghetto, but it does the job.

The quads often sit in one of the streams and take a fog bath. They don't seem to enjoy misting, but they will sit under the dripper with the fog pouring over them for quite a long time.

To OP: my open screen cages are plastic covered only on the back and one end; the humidifier really does make a huge difference in the relative humidity for me.

Syn, thats an AWESOME link. I think i'm going to do that and take off my stupid HabbaMist. Gives me another option though.

Thanks!

your habamist is for drinking, your humidifier is to add humidity.
sure the first helps for humidity, but once the cage is dry...well you know the results.
the humidifier will help the cham get some moisture from breathing and any wetness on some or most of the leaves....but it's not enough on it's own.

in other words, each item does a different thing and should not be confused with eachother.

Harry

Great find Syn.

I use a modified humidifier system like the one in the link, with 2" black rigid pvc piping in stead of flexible. The single humidifier can deliver fog to four cages. Pipes and joints are all slip-fitted together so its a cinch to adjust or change. Every once in a while the joints do leak a drop or two. Its a bit ghetto, but it does the job.

The quads often sit in one of the streams and take a fog bath. They don't seem to enjoy misting, but they will sit under the dripper with the fog pouring over them for quite a long time.

To OP: my open screen cages are plastic covered only on the back and one end; the humidifier really does make a huge difference in the relative humidity for me.
If you don't mind, I would like to see pics. I am getting ready to do that my self.

Back
Top Bottom