DIY Enclosure

Hey guys, i'm new on here and have been reading a whole lot of threads on DIY enclosures and had a couple questions that i was hoping y'all could answer.
I am getting a veiled cham in September and i want to build my own enclosure and make it bio-active because I've read veiled chams like to snack on the leaves and fake ones can cause impaction. I plan on starting to build my enclosure in July and do research about the enclosures and finding the best products and safest products to use in my enclosure over the next month or so. i would LIKE to have my enclosure done by the end of July and so i can give it a month for the plants to fill in and to learn how to keep the plants alive and practice with the bio-active part before adding the cham. My cham will be my first reptile but i feel like with the amount of research I've done and reading on these forums that ill be ready when it comes to the time to get him. Anyways here are some questions i have about the enclosure and bio-active part.
  • What are some of the best foams to use to build a background
  • What paints are safe and will help to make the wood waterproof
  • Where can i find the soil mixture for the bio-active part
  • when i get branches from outside do i just clean them with some soap and water or is there a better way to clean them that will be 100% sure to get rid of anything that could harm the chameleon
  • are hydro balls the best for the drainage layer or is there something else that would be better?
These are the main questions i have at the moment if you could leave any other threads you know about that might be helpful would be great. sorry if some of the questions are a little dumb i just want to be sure to give my cham the best i can

Back
Top Bottom