DIY Chameleon Mansion Build

Would you be interested in giving or selling your plans for a cage for a similar build to this? It looks phenomenal and something along the lines of what I want in my living room for my Cham.

Thanks that's pretty much what my inspiration was, something that would look more like a piece of furniture and less like a science experiment with all the tubes and cords coming out lol. One small problem though... I didn't really use any plans, I more or less winged it. I had built a smaller one last summer that I basically just built a lot bigger and with a few ideas I had thought up since I built the last one. If you're interested I could put together a list of the materials that I used and a schematic. I use AutoCAD a lot at work and still have a student copy at home so I could make something up pretty easily just let me know.

Thanks that's pretty much what my inspiration was, something that would look more like a piece of furniture and less like a science experiment with all the tubes and cords coming out lol. One small problem though... I didn't really use any plans, I more or less winged it. I had built a smaller one last summer that I basically just built a lot bigger and with a few ideas I had thought up since I built the last one. If you're interested I could put together a list of the materials that I used and a schematic. I use AutoCAD a lot at work and still have a student copy at home so I could make something up pretty easily just let me know.

Please do this! :D

anthony a big pat on the back is deserved great job.and you say its only your second wood working project.ive seen your first build too.you might have missed your calling man :)

Please do this! :D

You got it. I should have some free time this weekend and will try to whip something up for you.

anthony a big pat on the back is deserved great job.and you say its only your second wood working project.ive seen your first build too.you might have missed your calling man :)

Thanks for the compliment:) I've heard that before and maybe in 30 years when I retire I'll take this up full time lol. I'm about to start another one in a couple of weeks for my 7 month old Nosy Be, Poseidon. It'll be pretty similar but I'm going to make a few design changes to make it easier on myself lol.

I want one! Good effort can you tell me what plants they all are?

Sure the big one in the middle is a scheflera, there are two small pothos in the background, and three different orchids around the bottom that are attached to some branches from the tree in my backyard that I dried out and scrubbed clean with anti bacterial soap. All of the plants were bought at my local Home Depot or Lowes and were repotted and given a thorough cleaning as well.

Last edited:
That's effing amazing. Hands down best enclosure I've seen. Everything is perfect and I'm soooo jelly of the drainage and the mister nozzle looks like it was freakin in there already. You've got TALENT. That guy/gal is gonna be one happy champer ;P

Please start a business in tank/cage building!:D also les see some more pics of Loki exploring his home

Love it. What are your plans to clean? I am working on something similar and this is always my debate. Light and movable to outside or more built but clean in place.

top notch enclosure w/ incredible attention to detail. you should be extremely proud. that is gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom