Disney's Bolt!

kenya

Avid Member
Kind of an odd topic, those of you with kids may understand...

Bolt is coming out soon and well, I am sort of excited about it. The main character is a white German shepherd (aka American white shepherd aka Swiss white shepherd, depending on which registry you go through) and I have a particular fondness for white shepherds. The movie had better not suck :rolleyes: Here is a teaser photo: http://entertainmentnow.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bolt-72608.jpg

The dog in my avatar is my white shepherd, Kemper. He is the greatest dog I have ever had and is my best buddy.

Here he is waving and looking retarded (it doesn't help that I teach him frivolous sissy tricks lol) :

Kemper.jpg

Nov1508.jpg

November1508.jpg

Last edited:
Kenya what a beautiful dog!! :cool:

I waited for and watched Beverley Hills Chihuahua with a lot of nervousness as I have 2 chi's which I just absolutely love and ended up loving the movie even if it was corny :rolleyes:

I am sure you will enjoy Bolt just because you are a dog/animal lover :)

Where on earth did you find such a beautiful dog??

Kenya what a beautiful dog!! :cool:

I waited for and watched Beverley Hills Chihuahua with a lot of nervousness as I have 2 chi's which I just absolutely love and ended up loving the movie even if it was corny :rolleyes:

I am sure you will enjoy Bolt just because you are a dog/animal lover :)

Where on earth did you find such a beautiful dog??

I hope I like it- Disney has changed a lot since I was a child. Pixar does some good stuff, though. I wish there was a chameleon movie! Or well...only if six million kids wouldn't be like "I want a chameleon!" afterwards.

I got Kemper from a private rescue- he and his sister were dumped at 5 weeks old in a junkyard out in the boonies. The lady I got him from took him and his sister in and then offered them to screened homes on Craigslist once they were 8 weeks old. I have had him since then.

If anyone reading this is interested, you can look up white shepherds in shelters on Petfinder.com

I would like to get another at some point in my life but I don't have the room currently. They are wonderful dogs.

kemper is gorgeous!

I however have only had a bad experience with white german shepards :p My friend has one and that dog is the spawn of satan....they live out in the country and that dog only likes the family. When we went over he would go to the drive way and throw a rock down a hilll(they lived on top of a big tall hill) and the dog would chase the rock then go chew on it and we could go inside then eventually the dog went back into his room which was in the garage when people were over.

One time we tried sneaking up on my friend because we knew he was home alone and the dog is usually sleeping in his room. And while we were walking up the long dirt road a dog came out of nowhere and was barking at us. So I called and asked him if the dog was in the house i thought he said yes(because the connection out there was bad and i could barely hear him) when he said yes i thought it was a coyote or something so we took off running and the dog chased us all the way back to our truck.

Well, what he really said was one sec theres a frog in my house and we found out that night that the dog was used to us and he actually caught up to the guy i was with and he started to lick him >.<

Funny/scary story about white german shepards, but they are beautiful and i think that movie looks pretty cool :p I have a 2 yr old little sister and I always take her to the movies when I come in town and that will probably be something we go see.

kemper is gorgeous!

I however have only had a bad experience with white german shepards :p My friend has one and that dog is the spawn of satan....they live out in the country and that dog only likes the family. When we went over he would go to the drive way and throw a rock down a hilll(they lived on top of a big tall hill) and the dog would chase the rock then go chew on it and we could go inside then eventually the dog went back into his room which was in the garage when people were over.

One time we tried sneaking up on my friend because we knew he was home alone and the dog is usually sleeping in his room. And while we were walking up the long dirt road a dog came out of nowhere and was barking at us. So I called and asked him if the dog was in the house i thought he said yes(because the connection out there was bad and i could barely hear him) when he said yes i thought it was a coyote or something so we took off running and the dog chased us all the way back to our truck.

Well, what he really said was one sec theres a frog in my house and we found out that night that the dog was used to us and he actually caught up to the guy i was with and he started to lick him >.<

Funny/scary story about white german shepards, but they are beautiful and i think that movie looks pretty cool :p I have a 2 yr old little sister and I always take her to the movies when I come in town and that will probably be something we go see.

It sounds like the dog wasn't trained well- that wasn't the dog's fault.

I am a firm believer that dogs need to live inside with their families and that they should be well trained, no matter what breed or where you live. I hate seeing "yard dogs" or just dogs tied out in general. I think it is cruel, especially since they are such social animals by nature.

Just my two cents.

well the dog generally did both, they have a dog door into the garage and then one into the house that gets locked when people were over. I'm not sure why he was angry towards guests and i never really asked.

I agree with you completely. I think when you purchase a dog(or any animal) you are making a commitment and it is a part of your family. I have a doberman and a great pyrenese/australian shepard mix that are both huge dogs and stay in the house. You cant put them in the back yard by themselves because they want to be in with the family.

My view on dogs being outside is, if you wouldn't want to be out in the weather that long with a longsleeve coat on neither would the dog.

He's really beautiful!

Bolt looks like a great movie. Our kids are so excited about it. We'll probably take them opening night as a treat. :)

We saw Madagascar 2 last Thursday, and I was hoping to see a chameleon in there some where, but they spent most of the movie in Africa. :/ It was a cute movie too though...kids enjoyed it a lot.

i used to enjoy the animated films, until they started pumping them out faster then you could see em. it was like for a while there would be 3 a month.

Bolt looks promising.
last animated film i saw was shrek 3 as it was somewhat kinda maybe funny.

BUT yah. as i have said before kenya, your shepard is one of the best shepards i have ever seen, and i miss mine alot .

Back
Top Bottom