Different reptile photo contest?

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello,

I was thinking, since sometimes there is a different theme for the photo contest, why don't we have a photo contest that the theme is different reptiles besides chameleons. So, it could be a general reptile's theme, therefore we can submit a different type of reptile besides chameleons. Just a thought.

LPR08

Hmmm, cool. I love snapping pics of our native herps down here in Fl. I've got some good ones that I shot this past winter while down in Flamingo of American Crocodiles.

Hello,

I was thinking, since sometimes there is a different theme for the photo contest, why don't we have a photo contest that the theme is different reptiles besides chameleons. So, it could be a general reptile's theme, therefore we can submit a different type of reptile besides chameleons. Just a thought.

LPR08

I would agree with this idea, however, I do not think there should be a prize for this contest. I think it would be okay to put it in the "OTHER REPTILES AND PETS" section, but, I think we have to always keep in mind this is the CHAMELEON FORUMS (Obviously you all know this, but I am just saying it to support this idea). I think it would be fun to do, and good to see new animals...But the prizes should be reserved for the chameleon photo contest winners.

Just IMO

Thanks,
Jake

I like this idea as well !! I have a few cool pics of some of my other reptiles that I'd like to share. Perhaps the winner could receive a REP point or something!! LOLOL

Dyesub Dave. :D

I think it's a great idea, and I agree with the 'no prizes' suggestion. Alot of us have other reptiles, and it would be fun to do a photo comp just for the sake of it. Maybe two categories, being snakes and lizards? They're both so different, even just to photograph.

Even I may enter an animal on this one! (I haven't entered the chameleon photo competition for nearly two years!) I approve!:)
BTW I may be different and enter an amphibian! lol;)

I would agree with this idea, however, I do not think there should be a prize for this contest. I think it would be okay to put it in the "OTHER REPTILES AND PETS" section, but, I think we have to always keep in mind this is the CHAMELEON FORUMS (Obviously you all know this, but I am just saying it to support this idea). I think it would be fun to do, and good to see new animals...But the prizes should be reserved for the chameleon photo contest winners.

Just IMO

Thanks,
Jake

I agree. I wasn't expecting a prize to be given for this. This way, it can get more entries in and we can see what everybody has. But the same rules and stuff as normal ones except it would be different theme.

LPR08

i think it will be a good idea but they shouldent get any prize.
i think they should just be happy with the fact they won.
and if not other reptiles, why not have anything but a chameleon, so people
who dont own other reptiles can take photos of wild animals so they can still
be in it.

Ya, there are loads of ways we could do this. Also, they could still get the ribbon on their profile so it shows they won. Tons of ways to do this. :D

So I wonder, is this going to happen anytime soon or what? :) I took some nice one's of my BP today...

We could probably do something on the side, but I would like to wait until the calendar is finished. Too many contests at one time to manage :eek:

Back
Top Bottom