Different eye shapes

Vincetthecham

Hi I have a baby Panther chameleon and I just noticed his eyes have different shapes so I panicked a lil but I looked at pictures from the day we got him and one of is eyes was always like this. Do you think it’s fine? Thank you

i mean like the are near the pupils one eye is perfect circle and the other ona is a little mishaped

Attachments

• 1D0EE0CC-4785-444A-8F75-917F139D60C5.jpeg
    1D0EE0CC-4785-444A-8F75-917F139D60C5.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 79
  • D6B2494E-AEEA-4986-B21A-806C4BAB9870.jpeg
    D6B2494E-AEEA-4986-B21A-806C4BAB9870.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 79
  • 54F311EB-CB5F-4238-97D0-D4F9A09BCBD2.jpeg
    54F311EB-CB5F-4238-97D0-D4F9A09BCBD2.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 79
Those are some cute pictures of him. Could he just a small deformity from birth. I have a cham who’s like that but a bit more extreme.
808C4BBE-DBEC-46FC-80D4-B5629FC901D5.jpeg

Now that you say that I notice it. @Vincetthecham a follow up question to hers would be do you have anything in the enclosure that could possibly cause eye irritation?
Yeah i notice it too now. I don’t really think so only one soft fake plant until the live plants grow bigger, but as I said I looked at the pics from the day I got him and his eye has always been like that.

Hi, just a few days.
Where did you get him from?

Concern here would be if he actually has something lodged in the eye at the bottom of the turret. This could cause swelling and that pulling your seeing. Why it looks as though they are shaped differently. This would not get better rather worsen over time as it irritates it further.

Do you have any good reptile vets near you? It is important that they are actually really experienced with reptiles at the very least. I would take him in and have them look at it. See if it needs to be flushed and see if he needs antibiotics.

Where did you get him from?

Concern here would be if he actually has something lodged in the eye at the bottom of the turret. This could cause swelling and that pulling your seeing. Why it looks as though they are shaped differently. This would not get better rather worsen over time as it irritates it further.

Do you have any good reptile vets near you? It is important that they are actually really experienced with reptiles at the very least. I would take him in and have them look at it. See if it needs to be flushed and see if he needs antibiotics.
I got him from a big reptile convetion and he was pretty expensive not gonna lie.
Thank you very much, I’ll be checking on him regularly and if it doesnt get better I’ll take him to a experienced vet!

I got him from a big reptile convetion and he was pretty expensive not gonna lie.
Thank you very much, I’ll be checking on him regularly and if it doesnt get better I’ll take him to a experienced vet!
Depending on your enclosure... Make sure your not using things like exo terra jungle vines. He will more then likely be rubbing that eye more and these vines have a coating that can come off into their eyes. Also try to remove fake plants and replace with real ones.

This is a good husbandry program to read through https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Thank you I will defintely read it through! I don’t use any of those vines don’t worry. I jused the fake plants just so he feels a little less stressed before the live ones grow in properly, but I’ll take them out any buy more live ones. Hopefully it will help, but as I said he seems completely fine, his behaviour seems normal. I just noticed it today and got a lil scared

Depending on your enclosure... Make sure your not using things like exo terra jungle vines. He will more then likely be rubbing that eye more and these vines have a coating that can come off into their eyes. Also try to remove fake plants and replace with real ones.

This is a good husbandry program to read through https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Thank you I will defintely read it through! I don’t use any of those vines don’t worry. I jused the fake plants just so he feels a little less stressed before the live ones grow in properly, but I’ll take them out any buy more live ones. Hopefully it will help, but as I said he seems completely fine, his behaviour seems normal. I just noticed it today and got a lil scared

And it may be fine hun. But with this you want to watch it closely. Give it a few days with mistings and see if he can clear it. But if it is something actually stuck in there that he can not clear it will cause further issues. better to get it fixed prior to infection. :)

Check out home depot they usually have a good selection of indoor larger plants. Here is a plant list. https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Chameleon-Plants-061321.pdf

And it may be fine hun. But with this you want to watch it closely. Give it a few days with mistings and see if he can clear it. But if it is something actually stuck in there that he can not clear it will cause further issues. better to get it fixed prior to infection. :)

Check out home depot they usually have a good selection of indoor larger plants. Here is a plant list. https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Chameleon-Plants-061321.pdf
I will watch it super closely! Thank you for the list and everything! You are super helpful! i will mist him and watch him and let you know How it goes and if it doesn’t get better I’ll take him to the vet. I would do anything to make this little guy happy and healthy!

Back
Top Bottom