Diet for Veiled Chameleon

So, I've been going around the internet looking for the best diet for veiled chams. I can't find a direct answer and decided to come here. Any tips or ideas?

(I don't have a chameleon yet but I really want one)

Hello. 😃 Welcome to the forums. The diet is going to depend completely on the type of chameleon, gender, age. Let's say you get a veiled or panther.

Babies eat basically as much as they can. Probably daily 13 plus feeders.

But, as they get into about the 5-6 month range, it needs to be decreased

Females at this age should eat 3 times a week with about 4 feeders each time

Males the same but probably can do 4-6 bugs a feed

Continue this on as they get older. Don't decrease any more.

Check out Neptune the chameleon on YouTube. And chameleonacademy.com

All the info you need for chameleon keeping is there already.

Really depends on gender of cham. My male Veileds I have fed as much as they want up to about 8-9 months old. They would easily eat 2 dozen or more feeders a day.
Then dropping back to 10-12 a day. By the time they hit 10 months they are on and every other day feeding 8-10. Once they hit 12 months they are on every other day feeding of 3-4 max feeders.

Females are very different because we control clutch size with the amount of food and temps at basking.

Start reading this site for accurate info. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Hello. 😃 Welcome to the forums. The diet is going to depend completely on the type of chameleon, gender, age. Let's say you get a veiled or panther.

Babies eat basically as much as they can. Probably daily 13 plus feeders.

But, as they get into about the 5-6 month range, it needs to be decreased

Females at this age should eat 3 times a week with about 4 feeders each time

Males the same but probably can do 4-6 bugs a feed

Continue this on as they get older. Don't decrease any more.
Thank you! Do you have any recommendations for the best food in their diet?

Really depends on gender of cham. My male Veileds I have fed as much as they want up to about 8-9 months old. They would easily eat 2 dozen or more feeders a day.
Then dropping back to 10-12 a day. By the time they hit 10 months they are on and every other day feeding 8-10. Once they hit 12 months they are on every other day feeding of 3-4 max feeders.

Females are very different because we control clutch size with the amount of food and temps at basking.

Start reading this site for accurate info. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
That's helpful thanks!

Thank you! Do you have any recommendations for the best food in their diet?
So there are staple feeders and treat bugs. Staples can be fed every feeding, but treat bugs only every now and then.

Staple feeders are dubia roaches, crickets, black soldier fly larvae

Treat bugs are hornworms, super worms, wax worms.

chameleon-gutload.jpg
chameleon-food(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom