Daytona Updates

chams1

The National Reptile Breeder's Expo website (www.reptilebreedersexpo.com) has just been updated with this year's list of vendors, their booth #'s as well as the schedule of events. There are a few changes to this year's show that I wanted you to all be aware of:

1. There is/will be a new section of tables that are "showcase/new products" tables where vendors will be displaying their new products (dry goods only). These booths will be manned by show staff and if you are interested in any of these items, you will be directed to that vendor's booth(s).

2. As you are aware, there is a fantastic auction at this show every year with some great items. Each year, one particular conservation effort/organization (generally a specific kind of reptile) is chosen to receive the proceeds from that auction. This year, however, they have chosen USARK as to benefit from this auction, as it will end up helping us all and there is a far greater need for this organization right now. I am attaching an excerpt from an e-mail I received from Wayne Hill who is the show promoter:

"As you know, each year a charity auction is held in conjunction with the National Reptile Breeders’ Expo to benefit a worthy cause. Generally we support a conservation program for a reptile species in need.
However, this year, it looks as though the reptile industry itself is in need, so I thought we’d shift gears and do something a little different.
So, this year, proceeds of the Auction to be held Saturday, August 22nd will be to benefit USARK, supporting its efforts in protecting the Reptile Nation by fighting unfair legislation and regulation.
My auction coordinator, Colette Adams, and I feel so strongly about this cause that we are going to do something else that is a little different this year – both she and I are actively seeking auction items to help Andrew Wyatt out. We feel okay doing this since we would rather he keep himself busy running back and forth to Washington than sit at home calling people in search of lamps and paintings.
I know that you have always been very generous when our auction teams have worked the floor on Saturday begging for contributions. This year, because the efforts of USARK will directly benefit all of you, I am asking that in addition to your normal herptile contribution, you bring with you to the Expo some curio that you or your mother-in-law have laying around the house that someone else might be interested in..
We are looking for anything of interest – artwork, figurines, signed baby pictures, gold doubloons and pieces of eight, clocks, jewelry, a plane ticket you might not use, cool lamps, treasure boxes, etc. If any of you have credit at a tattoo parlor, we will take that too. Just write me up a certificate and get it to us at the show.
Even if you have decided not to attend the show this year, I know you know how important it is for us to make a good showing in support of USARK. If you need to mail it ahead of time, please send non-livestock donations to:

Wayne Hill
621 Avenue M SW
Winterhaven, FL 33880

Please let Colette Adams ([email protected]) know what you plan to bring so that she can continue to compile the auction master list and so that we can proudly gossip about your generosity."

I am letting you all know this, as it not only applies to vendors, but also for regular show-goers or even non-show-goers. If you have any items you would like to donate to the auction, please feel free to send them to Mr. Hill directly or you can send them to me as well, as I will be driving down with a truck/trailer and will have some room to spare.

By the way, if you are coming to the show, I highly recommend that you come to the auction. There are generally a LOT of fantastic items - reptiles and non-reptiles alike. You will be able to pay for the items by cash, check or credit card as well. And remember that all the proceeds will be going to help USARK.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing some of you at the show!! Come see me at booths 300 - 301!!

Julie

That is awesome and I so wish I could be there. I will send a cash donation to Wayne for USARK. Thanks Julie for making us all aware.

Back
Top Bottom