Daylight savings time means resetting times on equipment

Thank you for the reminder! I almost forgot about that!

Though I do leave everything that isn't smart alone so it goes off at the same universal time year-round. I only change the preset time schedules on smart plugs to go off an hour later to accommodate the time change. Time changes make me wish that I didn't have smart plugs so that the plug doesn't go off an hour earlier. I think that's the only benefit of dumb plugs. I do like the added control of smart plugs, but I wish they didn't change the time and screw up the schedule. I already keep my chams on an early schedule. On this spring forward time, they get up at 7:15. Before the time change, that equates to 6:15. So for my chams, there was no time change. But if I left the smart plug alone, the chams would be waking up even earlier. 5:15 a couple days ago and 6:15 now. That's too earlier. IDK if any of that makes sense. Anyways, I don't let my chams deal with daylight savings time. And hopefully, California will get rid of DST soon. Changing the time makes no sense in this day and age.

If you don't have any smart plugs you can leave things as they are but your cham will be going to bed earlier. Having a mix of both is a pain.

Don't forget that anything that you run that is not on a smart plug will not reset on its own. This includes your mistking and if you run a thermostat device to control basking temps like a herpstat. You will need to manually change these to the current time.
This just dawned on me this morning. I was wondering why my Mistking didn't go off and then I was like, duh!

I've never adjusted the time on any of my cages either. Just as DonKeesh said...the lights would go on an hour earlier for "half" the year.
Ya no need to mess with the chameleons circadian rhythm... The time change messes me up enough as it is. By not changing the timers they don't notice anything and I get an extra hour of lights on to enjoy the enclosure in the evening.

Ya no need to mess with the chameleons circadian rhythm... The time change messes me up enough as it is. By not changing the timers they don't notice anything and I get an extra hour of lights on to enjoy the enclosure in the evening.
Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom