Day 32 should i worry.

lanceman

It is day 33 in gestation since veiled mated. she is showing no signs of wanting to lay. Eats lots still like she's starvin has a huge full of 50-50 sand peat moss container in her cage and is completely closed off from view. she is getin realy big should i be realy woried yet the vet is about 5hrs away ??

Last edited:
Yes i think so 98% sure she has goten huge and i dont feed her that much max 8 cricks a day lots of calc. I can see lumps now but cant feel anything though ive never realy tried to hard dont wana hurt her.

Attachments

• DSC01923.jpg
    DSC01923.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 124
Mine dug for 13 days!! Then layed a clutch of 47 eggs. Everyone told me that was too long so the day I scheduled an appt I came hone from shopping and she was laying her eggs.
So she has not attemped to check out nest site?

no thats what im worried about shes tryin more to climb out the top than even hang around the bottom. Would she be wanting a totaly new area to lay in the one shes in is large as is her laying container completely out o view. Day 33 no sign of wanting to lay or even check out layin bin. when shown to the mail she goes instant black with yellow spots and hisses even from 15' away. that was about 5-6 days ago.

honestly i just went through this with my panther and mike gave me the best advice possible....

just leave her the the f alone.

make sure she has plenty of water and put her cage somewhere with very low traffic, the less you f with her, the faster she will start digging and lay.

once she starts digging, although its tempting especially if you have never experienced it to try to sneak a peak or check on her, like i said just stay away

i can now tell u this from experience, you don't want to spook her watsoever, in the wild the object is for no predators to see her lay so they try to be very secretive about it.

if she starts digging, she will almost certainly lay, even though it make take all day. just let her do her thing, she'll do it, chameleons are smart survivors, they don't want to die and as long as you give her plenty of cover and make sure she can't see people or pets walking by she'll dig, just make sure your container is deep enough but not too deep

Back
Top Bottom