Dark Eye

lillouie

My little louie has had an ongoing eye issue in only his left eye. His eye seems to be very dark and he keeps it shut most of the day. The first vet i saw said it was likely due to trauma from a fall or scratched his eye. I was given oral pain medication i had to inject for two weeks and was told to watch to see if he improved. No improvements were made and i saw a second vet. The second vet visit was very rushed and all the vet really did was push me out the door with Flurbiprofen drops and terramycin ointment. Since Louie has been on this medication, i have noticed that he opens his eye more. Specifically when hunting, crawling around outside of his cage, and when he sits in the steamy shower. Anyone have any idea what could be going on? Will this recovery just take awhile?

These are the best pictures i could get since he moves around a lot

Attachments

• A47B7A06-A206-4E1E-8288-7D49D8C4E0DC.jpeg
    A47B7A06-A206-4E1E-8288-7D49D8C4E0DC.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 23401C7C-BD42-4A8F-99C6-1C755FDCD9DA.jpeg
    23401C7C-BD42-4A8F-99C6-1C755FDCD9DA.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 77
I'm never much good with eye problems...there are too many reasons for them to be able to figure out what's really going on as a rule.

I am not sure. I have gone over husbandry before with the OP. It would seem that the cham is still quite obese which can contribute to health issues. Steamy showers are not healthy for chameleons. I am not sure if the UVB is compact or not but this can contribute to eye issues as well.

Back
Top Bottom