:D hi im a newbie

rach

this site is grrrreeaat! ive been on it all day ( i know im a bit sad) im going to get a female cham but not till march. i have been researching for a while and only just found out today that females lay eggs even if they haven't mated. i love the enclosures some of you guys have made and now decided to make my own. i have kept an iguana in the past but always wanted a cham. finally managed to talk other half into it by agreeing to to marry him ha ha! hence cant get one till im back from honeymoon in feb. i know theyre high maintainance so trying to learn as much as poss. am i right that the heat source is the is the basking lamp and you dont use an additional heat mat?. also i wondered if any of you knew of a reputable breader or how to find one? not too keen on "pet shops" i live in lancashire, north west, england. any infoor tips greatly appriciated :)

this site is grrrreeaat! ive been on it all day ( i know im a bit sad) im going to get a female cham but not till march. i have been researching for a while and only just found out today that females lay eggs even if they haven't mated. i love the enclosures some of you guys have made and now decided to make my own. i have kept an iguana in the past but always wanted a cham. finally managed to talk other half into it by agreeing to to marry him ha ha! hence cant get one till im back from honeymoon in feb. i know theyre high maintainance so trying to learn as much as poss. am i right that the heat source is the is the basking lamp and you dont use an additional heat mat?. also i wondered if any of you knew of a reputable breader or how to find one? not too keen on "pet shops" i live in lancashire, north west, england. any infoor tips greatly appriciated :)

Hey there welcome to forum. You found the right place.

you are correct about the heat source. They get it from basking during the day under the light bulb no additional heat source is required unless it gets under 60 or so at night. It is nice to see people research before they buy.

What kind of female Chameleon are you thinking of getting?

I can't help with breeders in the UK . Sorry but someone will. You are going to be soooo hooked. :D

wow your dog is so cute my sister has one there so laid back, im more into mayhem ive got on old english sheep dog

welcome to the forums. beware chameleon addiction is a seriouse matter. you start off with one than two and before you kow it you have chams everywhere!:D

i can belive it they are so cute, i was hoping to get a pair in the first place, but soon relised they could not be kept together! :eek: