Covid and the emotional aspects

One thing I love about this thread is that it does allow for us to see what others are going through. Different points of view. Everyone dealing with a different aspect of the struggle. Thank you everyone for sharing. It makes me feel better hearing that I am not alone in all this.

One thing I love about this thread is that it does allow for us to see what others are going through. Different points of view. Everyone dealing with a different aspect of the struggle. Thank you everyone for sharing. It makes me feel better hearing that I am not alone in all this.
Well, I hope you dont feel alone anymore, you have a lot of chamily here. Even if we can only relate to one part of each other lives, at least we are like-minded in one area. And the forums love you. Things wouldn't be the same without you and good ol Beman.

Well, I hope you dont feel alone anymore, you have a lot of chamily here. Even if we can only relate to one part of each other lives, at least we are like-minded in one area. And the forums love you. Things wouldn't be the same without you and good ol Beman.
Thanks hun. I have missed the Chamily here. Good ol Beman is now a "Hater" :hilarious: Grumpy boy now a days. Still cute and I adore him but I really have to watch my fingers now. lol

While I know typically people do not share the emotional... I thought it would be nice to have a thread here where we could. Keeping it free of political BS. Sharing our thoughts and feelings. Funny memes that may give us a laugh.

As for myself we are now what 4 weeks in? I dunno my days are starting to blur together. While I have not lost income since I am self employed this is a fear since my clients are losing income. The trickle down effect is a concern.

I have been the one to venture out in the chaos to go grocery shopping as my mother is high risk. My daughter is 15 and being online schooled now. That is a whole different disaster I am dealing with. I find myself in this awkward position of trying to work, provide, be a teacher, be strong for my family, be a support for my friends, and try to hold it all together.

That is the key right putting on a happy face so others are ok???? This has started to back fire on me. I feel the cracks in my mental stability. The wishing for life to go back to normal. To be able to just drive my daughter to school and wish her a good day. Run to store to get something without having to wear a mask and gloves. Without the fear of illness that has the potential to kill.

So my thought here is since we are a community maybe sharing will be helpful to others. For us ALL to know that we are not alone in our anxiety over the current pandemic.
Oh my dear ❤ , how I’m so happy to see you back here xo . You already know that . I’m for certain happy for our friendship and nearly daily check ins .

You also know my standpoint here . It’s most definitely different then most outlooks do to the last few years of life . This time for me is a blessing in so many ways . B is home being homeschooled with services . The fight for him has been unreal .The emotional toll for our little family has come from the school , health care System , me being the only to be working supporting the family , the health issues that are never ending for our little family . As you say I’ve prayed so hard the whole school systems have been shut down xox . Lost friendships , new friendships ,
life keeps us on our toes !!.

The craziness in the world atm has slowed the row for us , given us a sec to breath ( with masks on ) . We have gotten to things we could not in years . I’m blessed Craig is not back to work . He would be a front line worker . Few more month is ok for him . I probably would not have agreed with that 4 weeks ago .

Last edited:
Oh my dear ❤ , how I’m so happy to see you back here xo . You already know that . I’m for certain happy for our friendship and nearly daily check ins .

You also know my standpoint here . It’s most definitely different then most outlooks do to the last few years of life . This time for me is a blessing in so many ways . B is home being homeschooled with services . The fight for him has been unreal .The emotional toll for our little family has come from the school , health care System , me being the only to be working supporting the family , the health issues that are never ending for our little family . As you say I’ve prayed so hard the whole school systems have been shut down xox . Lost friendships , new friendships ,
life keeps us on our toes !!.

The craziness in the world atm has slowed the row for us , given us a sec to breath ( with masks on ) . We have gotten to things we could not in years . I’m blessed Craig is not back to work . He would be a front line worker . Few more month is ok for him . I probably would not have agreed with that 4 weeks ago .
<3 you knew I would eventually come back. I think the slow has been a good thing for us as well. I have not enjoyed the fact that all my heart care has been pushed out. But some aspects have been very good about the current situation. Has given me the time and space to count my blessings for sure. Love you <3

<3 you knew I would eventually come back. I think the slow has been a good thing for us as well. I have not enjoyed the fact that all my heart care has been pushed out. But some aspects have been very good about the current situation. Has given me the time and space to count my blessings for sure. Love you <3
Well you know I’m not happy about B’s appointment being pushed out months after waiting a year , What’s another year :unsure: . Our medical system is so screwed up !!. I hear it takes 5 years to get immune diagnosis’s so 161/2 + 5 .

yes I knew you would be back:love: , we love the hobby to much and you My dear have much to offer xo . Love you too .

My great grandmother is 98. If she contracted this virus, she likely wouldn't make it. She had to have a painful skin cancer removed off her hand a few weeks ago. They did not wait in the the hospital.. they waited outside, not touching anything. They didn't want to sit in the hospital seats and be around sick people. She is very healthy and mobile for her age, but she is still very susceptible to sickness. Even a cold could be troublesome for her. I am hoping she can stay healthy throughout this pandemic.

And yes.. it is awesome to have you back Becca! Missed you when you were gone.

My great grandmother is 98. If she contracted this virus, she likely wouldn't make it. She had to have a painful skin cancer removed off her hand a few weeks ago. They did not wait in the the hospital.. they waited outside, not touching anything. They didn't want to sit in the hospital seats and be around sick people. She is very healthy and mobile for her age, but she is still very susceptible to sickness. Even a cold could be troublesome for her. I am hoping she can stay healthy throughout this pandemic.

And yes.. it is awesome to have you back Becca! Missed you when you were gone.

Wow! 98! She's had a long life! I hope she gets through all of this and the skin cancer too.

Yes.. she has had a very long and happy life. She is very good natured and funny. She loves to go in their pool.. she does her exercises in there when she feels up to it. She lives with my aunt (her daughter).

My mothers side of the family is prone to skin cancer. My grandfather just had some major skin cancer removed off his face about a month or two ago. He has another on his cheek and arm I believe. I cant remember how many he's had removed.

Back
Top Bottom