Couple pics from the other day

Chris Anderson

Dr. House of Chameleons
I seem to rarely have time or energy to pull out my camera recently but the other day I had it out and took a few pics of some of the chams. I had my macro setup on the camera so I wasn't able to get good full body shots of some of the chams and naturally a lot of my animals refused to cooperate at all but here are a couple shots I took that I thought I would share.

I've always had a soft spot for the Cameroon chameleon species. With the recent shipments that came into the US, I was able to pick a number up and try to re-setup some of my small breeding groups of some of these species. Fortunately, I'm expecting eggs shortly from some of my females. Here are two nice photos of was able to snatch of a couple of my Cameroon species.
Male Ch. (T.) montium:
3133791780_af72e7c294.jpg

Female Ch. (T.) cristatus:
3133791728_290daeee46.jpg

I also have a soft spot for these little Tanzanian guys. Rh. (Rh.) spinosus:
3133791884_7c2b97fe34.jpg

Finally, on to a couple of my Madagascar chameleons. Unfortunately these were a little too large to get photos of with my macro setup but they are fun pictures, none the less.
F. pardalis:
3133791846_02d86fa1bd.jpg

Female C. p. parsonii:
3132969145_ba988618f8.jpg

Male C. p. parsonii:
3132969219_699fca80b8.jpg

Enjoy,

Chris

Last edited:
Oh Man!!! Thank You Chris!

I was just telling Ryan J. yesterday that my next project is going to be Monitums... That male is impressive!

Always nice to see you post some pics!

~Joe

amazing pics and chams. you make me so jealous. i intend to get a montium soon. there are some people selling on kingsnake.

Thanks everyone.

The montium are a neat species. If you can get real healthy WC or CB, I've had very good luck with them. Obviously if your not experienced with WC, you should be careful about getting WC specimens. I'm expecting a clutch to be laid any day so I'll be sure to let everyone know how that goes.

The cristatus are spectacular chameleons. It really is a shame that they tend to come in so rough.

The male parsonii is an orange-eyed but I'm not 100% on the female. Previously I'd been told by some European keepers that she looked like a yellow-lipped but I've not asked updated opinions with new photos.

Chris

wow what a beautiful collection of chams some rare beauties there!!! thanks for posting some rarely seen "healthy" montium species made my day haha

I got to see them in person! :):):) If you have never actually truly laid your own eyes on a Parsons it is really a breathtaking experience-they are amazing creatures! And HUGE!
Awesome pics as always Mr. Anderson!

Chris,
Beautiful animals. Love that cristatus girl & the montium male is outstanding, as everyone has said. Do some of the Cameroon species tend to breed at certain times of the year, or year-round? Thanks for sharing!
Kev

Back
Top Bottom