Counterfeit items

Mad Dog Murphy

Established Member
Just enquiring whether anyone has experienced a problem with counterfeit reptile accessories? I ask because I recently bought 3 dog and 5 cat seresto collars via a third party to save a few quid and not the vets like I usually do, anyway long story short, they have been proven to be counterfeit! Got me thinking as they will fake anything these days, and a dodgy UVB bulb could be disastrous. So is It best to pay the extra and buy in store or are the major third party dealers safe enough?

Just enquiring whether anyone has experienced a problem with counterfeit reptile accessories? I ask because I recently bought 3 dog and 5 cat seresto collars via a third party to save a few quid and not the vets like I usually do, anyway long story short, they have been proven to be counterfeit! Got me thinking as they will fake anything these days, and a dodgy UVB bulb could be disastrous. So is It best to pay the extra and buy in store or are the major third party dealers safe enough?

Honestly, I would buy from a trusted retailer. Unless you know people that have bought from the third party before and know that they are credible and safe to purchase from, I would buy in store. Hope this helps.

I’m going to be very weary from now on as to what I buy where, going to visit a big reptile store soon, a bit of a drive but always a good day out, well for me anyway, I’ll suss them out

Back
Top Bottom